Sign in to follow this  
coatimundi01

Bow lesson learned...

Looks like that bow bit you .

I bought a PSE G-Force years ago. That bow didn't fit me, and beat me up, just like your arm. I got rid of that bow after 1 season.

It had everything to do with draw length. It is only common sense that if your arm is not long enough, then it will have to be as straight as possible to shoot a bow that is too long of a draw length.

Really,

We didn't grow up with much money, we all shot each others bows, or the ones that could afford a uesd bow had one,

most didn't anchor at the mouth, or have releases some anchored at the nose, some at the mouth but most behind

the ear or way behind the ear,we were strong enough to not have to lock out the arm so it never happenend.you guys

that think this was cause he had to lock out might want to take a lesson.or go to the gym.

Seldom Drawn

Your family is full of great archers that are clearly stronger than all of us! Must have been something in the water.....

yes we were farmers, that didn't sit in front of the tv 123456 what do you do for a living?

I gave my opionon on this kids arm, now ur making this a pissing contest.

I'm in the construction business. Not a contest at all. I gave my opinion just as you did. I simply think it was because the draw length was too long, you do not. You then proceeded to say that if others hit their arms, they are either weak or have bad form. just a difference of opinion.

What do you do for a living?

You both are right and wrong, Locking your elbow might put it in a Hyper-extended position (depending on shooter) and bad form ( rotated elbow) will both cause the string to impact your arm. The POINT is, there are several things that can cause the bruising.

Everyone has made good points but I am sure that everyone that is talking has hit there arm a time or two and if you say no....your full of $hit. it happens...I shoot an 80# X-force Dream Season and I hit my arm when I was shooting off my parents roof to work on angles. ouch!!! stuff happens. have it fitted for you and also have you front leg outside more ...if your right handed have your left leg out to the side a bit more and that will cause you to keep your arm more away from the string. pm me...

Bow too short, must bend elbow to compensate.

Bow too long, must straighten arm and stretch resulting in higher probability of sweet strawberry arm syndrome. This is a no brainer for most, seldom for others....

With that being said, good form will prevent SSAS with a bow that fits correctly

• Like 2