ajohunter

The Muzzy hunt is almost here!

It's almost time to break out the buck skin clothes and the coon skin hat! Going to hit the desert hard looking for a certain buck! I will post pics and update as I go along.

• Like 1

Please do! Looking forward to watching your progress!

I apologize for not having updated this thread! It has been an interesting hunt thus far. The moon has definitely had a hand in deer behavior. Passed up some small ones and snuck up on a large 2x2 that has the potential for great antlers in the next year or 2!

Tuesday morning some rut activity was happening. And passed up a shot at a typical 6x6 at 262 yards. Didn't feel comfortable taking that long of a shot. I will post pics of him as soon as I can!

Good luck on the rest of the hunt. Can't wait to hear the out come. :)

TJ

Thanks everyone! After seeing that 6x6 any lesser size buck will be safe for now! Except for the 4x4 that was pushing the 200" mark! Didn't get pics of him though.

Rolling out for another day of hunting! Cold and windy so far but the wind makes for easier stalking on a bedded buck. Time to make it happen!!

Don't give up on him. Look for every clue possible. Look for ravens too. Unfortunately, coyotes can eat a deer to the bone in one night. I'd be out there all night listening.

I'd kill or die, maybe even give up a nut for that tag. Sounds like you've had a good time so far, keep your head up and your focus on that desert floor. Persistence and patience pays. Sometimes all that is needed is just a little more effort.