JOEDKILLA

Opening day success in Sonora!

post-11477-0-64317400-1385165733_thumb.jpgpost-11477-0-90130100-1385164719_thumb.jpgpost-11477-0-22488200-1385170670_thumb.jpg

A good friend hired me to guide his 12 year old son Daniel in hopes of finding him a good buck. After an uneventful morning we jumped a hog out of its bed on our way back to camp for lunch. Daniel made a perfect shot at 60yds with his 7mm Rem. mag. The buck is a heavy 5x5 and grosses just over 200 inches. The look on his dads face when all this went down was priceless! When I asked him what his thoughts were he said he was shocked, amazed, and extremely proud! After high fives and pictures my freind looks over at me and says "MY TURN". We were so exited that we forgot all about lunch and kept on hunting. About an hour later we spotted a bachelor group of 3 bucks running away from us on an opposite hill. The lead buck (and smartest) was a heavy wide bruiser that never gave him a shot. After several times of blowing on my deer call the other two hit the brakes long enough for me to range and tell him which one was the better of the two incase he wanted to take him. He did'nt hesitate and took the 350 yard shot at the tall chocolate horn 3x4. The bullet found its target and now we had a father and son double! We loaded the second buck and headed to camp, but we did'nt make it that far. About 7 or 8 miles later, In the midle of the road about 150 yds ahead stood a wide 4x4 that woud'nt move. He was just too tempting and I decided to burn one of my leftover tags on this 30 incher. It was a great opening day in Old Mexico!

• Like 6

NICE BUCKS!

Thanks for all the coments. trphyhntr, thats just too cool! Not as much as my overpriced neighbors.

Thanks for all the coments. trphyhntr, thats just too cool! Not as much as my overpriced neighbors.

LOL! If you have to hide the answer then it's still too much!

• Like 1

Stud bucks for sure! Congratulations to all three of you! Super cool pictures and what an awesome day!