capoeirajosh

Rutting

Been scouting around the lower foothills in 24b. I've seen a few does, single, or in twos and threes. But haven't seen a single buck... I am hoping to get my buck between the 13th and the 20th of December. I'm praying hard for the rut to get moving.

Saw 3 does today. All of them kept looking at something over to the right of where I was. I never got a chance to see what it was though. Found a shed. Also found a pretty fresh rub line. Made a natural blind in the area. Tons of deer sign( tracks and droppings). Hopefully, it will come together.

Saw a pair of smaller bucks with a dozen does up near Flagstaff last week. Also saw a small bachelor herd of larger bucks in the same area.

I might head out to my favorite high desert spot next week. I have Friday off but have other plans and don't feel confident enough with my bow. Nothing but pigs on my trail cam, but I found some nice sheds and have seen plenty of does there.

I am heading to unit 28 this weekend. I've found the first winter storm in the middle to end of December usually kicks them into high gear. I'll post what I see. First test for my new bow.

Sounds good! I am heading out tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I will also post what I see and hopefully a picture of a downed buck.

/>Saw a really heavy forkie muley with 5 does in 10 this past weekend. Came to within 40 yards and never saw me.

Nice!!

I will be in 21 for the next few days.

if you watch a mule deer will shake their tail before raising their head when feeding, if you are stalking move while their head is down and freeze at the tail shake, you will be surprised how close you can get

• Like 1

I saw a small 4x4 muley with 9 does on sunday he was already checking the does and pushing them pretty good. They already had a smaller buck working the outside of the herd.

I am liking the sound of all of this!!

/>if you watch a mule deer will shake their tail before raising their head when feeding, if you are stalking move while their head is down and freeze at the tail shake, you will be surprised how close you can get

Big thanks on the tip! I will for sure keep that in mind.

• Like 1

I am likening the the sound of some ruttin going on also my wifes late muly hunt starts can't hardley wait to be in the crisp cold air behind my glasses

• Like 1