mp_moody

Any luck in 5B?

I've got a couple of buddies and a handful of acquaintances up in 5B right now. Half are in 5BN and half are in 5BS. The southern part of the unit sounds like it has at least a few feet of snow in the higher elevations. The area where my trail cams were all summer is supposedly inaccesible due to several miles of snowed in roads. The guys in 5BS haven't seen much...not a lot of sign and zero elk. They also have a Jeep with a broken axle and a passenger car with a questionable transmission. That will be fun on Monday.

Haven't heard anything from the guys in 5BN.

Spirits, as you can imagine, aren't too high. I'm headed up Sunday afternoon when I get off work and will be there all day Monday. Not sure if I'll be messing with busted vehicles or if we will be hunting. I still want to focus on the southern part of the unit in the areas we scouted. Any thoughts, any success?

• Like 1

I was in both areas today. Roads are pretty bad. Seen some sign in both ends just no elk. Nothing to get the hopes up. Didn't see anyyhing hanging or pulled out yet.

Been here since Thursday and haven't seen any elk! Saw about a 190" mule deer today with a few doe. Saw 2 elk hanging in 5b North and talked to a few guy in Clint's Well at the processor that have been here since Tuesday and they saw 130 some elk but haven't seen anymore since Tuesday! Tons of track but that's about it! Goodluck to everyone! If you have any pointers that you'd like to share I'd appreciate it! Thanks

Been here since Thursday and haven't seen any elk! Saw about a 190" mule deer today with a few doe. Saw 2 elk hanging in 5b North and talked to a few guy in Clint's Well at the processor that have been here since Tuesday and they saw 130 some elk but haven't seen anymore since Tuesday! Tons of track but that's about it! Goodluck to everyone! If you have any pointers that you'd like to share I'd appreciate it! Thanks

Move,

If your not seeing them,or there tracks move, I cut several tracks today in the snow,no boot prints on any of them,you might want to try and cut some fresh tracks or move go to the cedars.i don't have a tag was picking up my of my cameras.

Seldom Drawn

I know at least one or two guys tagged out today on spikes. Not sure what part of the unit, but they haven't really seen any good bulls.

post-3168-0-71023300-1385953963_thumb.jpg

My wife's bull she shot right at dark on Friday! She shot 3 times at 340 yards connecting on all three! This is her first bull and I forgot to mention she is 7 months pregnant with our first baby! I'm a lucky guy!!! The elk are there just got to get away from the crowds! Good luck to everyone still hunting!

• Like 3

Well I spent 24hrs in 5BN. Saw 24± cow elk, 12+ mule deer (4 of which were bucks), and 4 coyotes. No bulls, not even a spike. If I had more time I'm sure I could have found my buddy a bull away from all the roads. Both of them have tomorrow to pull it off.