Sign in to follow this  
delwain

37A/34A Archery

Hey all, new guy here.

I'm just coming off of getting skunked for elk and it's time to focus on the pigs. I've already started my map scouting based on what azgfd says on their website. I'm in Phoenix so 37A is closer, but I'm definitely willing to get down south. Can anybody clarify some stuff for me on these units? I have some questions...

Are there more accessible pigs in 37A or 34A?

Is there more hunting pressure in 37A or 34A?

I'm kind of focusing on the Picacho and Roskruge Mountains based off the g&f website because they are closer to phx, and supposedly have decent populations of javie but also moderate numbers of hunters. Do most hunters go to the Tortolitas in 37A?

I'm going to get out to start glassing next weekend, but I'd really like to know if I should be going down south or if 37A is viable before then.

Thanks.

-dw

Plenty of pigs in 37a. The areas you named should work fine. No need to drive more than an hour or so from Phx.

I have the same hunt. Haven't scouted too much, but plan to stick mostly in 34a as I live on the south side of Tucson anyway. I know where a couple herds are in the flats by Sahuarita I'm gonna try to track. Other than that I haven't had the time to get out and try to glass some up.

I have same tag...never hunted 37a so gonna check it out. Been laid up from foot surgery and will be until unit opens so gonna head in blind with no scouting. Actually excited to check out some unknown ground!