Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye

Shortest hunt ever

Actually it was a year long hunt. While hunting coues last year we glassed up a couple of big bucks and my son Kris decided to put in for muley this year. It had been quite a few years since we hunted mule deer, so I decided to apply also. Well I got drawn and Kris, got his second choice for coues.

So the scouting was on and Kris and Jay took the first two pictures while scouting the area. We also had a lot of trail cam pics of him and 3 other bucks he was running with.

Opening morning we glassed him and the other bucks at 325 yards. They saw us, and began moving out. Ryan whistled a couple of times and he stopped broadside. Ryan said "there's your shot". I calmed down and took the shot, and Ryan said he is running to the right like a bat out of heck. I started to panic because I couldn't get on him again, then Ryan said "he just took a nose dive". What a relief. We spotted him right at day break and only about 10 minutes later the hunt was over. This was one of the rare times scouting and planning paid off for me. Usually I make all kinds of plans and things don't work out. It was the Shortest hunt of my life.

post-139-0-64946200-1385865510_thumb.jpg

post-139-0-80338400-1385865627_thumb.jpg

post-139-0-24915400-1385866049_thumb.jpg

post-139-0-55325500-1385866146_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Great buck,congrats.

Great buck! Either of the two last pics belong on the cover of a magazine. Way to frame the picture!

What an awesome buck! Big congrats!