I am backpack hunting and trying to shave pounds. I have used the outdoorsman pack and I liked it. But I am trying to shed extra weight and the KUIU pack is a few pounds lighter. Has anyone tried both?

What are your thoughts on them? Did you like the KUIU? I want to make sure I am getting my monies worth before I make the purchase.

Just got back last night from a 4 day backpack hunt. I used my Kuiu 7,000 and loved it. Carried everything for me and my 6 year old son no problem.

I have used the Outdoorsman pack this season and love it! It carries heavy weight very comfortably, and is easily converted into a meat pack. It also doesn't have a lot of useless pockets and zippers.

Jake

I have the Kuiu and 3 different Eberle's. The Kuiu is great and very light, I use it on longer trips. It is a great pack and very comfortable but on most trips I still go to the Eberle because the integrated scabbard cant be beat. When I do use my Kuiu I use it with a Kifaru gun bearer to help with carrying the rifle so I dont have to strap it in to the pack.

I have not used the Outdoorsman's but it looks like a great pack. They seemed to be designed a lot like the Eberle packs without the scabbard.

Stone glacier terminus, best pack I have ever owned for backpacking.

+3 for Kifaru. I run a pointman with the gun bearer system. Love it.

How much are you looking to shave weight wise? I find it easier to shave 5 to 10lbs of fat than to squeeze out a few ounces in lightweight gear. :D

• Like 1

/>+3 for Kifaru. I run a pointman with the gun bearer system. Love it.

How much are you looking to shave weight wise? I find it easier to shave 5 to 10lbs of fat than to squeeze out a few ounces in lightweight gear. :D

That's what the wife keeps telling me, lol!

/>

Can the Kuiu carry both a tripod and spotting scope that are easily accessible?

Yes. The pack was designed for this exact component. Depending on the size of your spotter you may have to strap it externally or in a zippered pocket.