Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Suggestions on which side by side to buy

My wife has decided she never wants to ride on the back of my Quad again. She has given the ok to buy a side by side before the summer. I guess my plan worked:) Anyway, I would like to have some suggestions on which one to buy. I know I need something that will fit 4 people. I was thinking the Polaris crew or something similar. I'm not sure what motor size to buy. I know I can not afford the 900! What do you guy's have? Would I be happy with the 570 or 800?

Thanks,

Adam

I have a 660 rhino and believe that is plenty of power for what I use it for. I would rather have the polaris for hunting. Also if having that extra weight with 4 people you might want the 800.

You will never be sorry buying more power! RANGER CREW 800! Great for hauling 4-5 of your buddies so they can help pack out your elk/deer! :P

i have an '08 700 Ranger that i affectionetly call "My Mulita" because thats what we use it for. We have had 4 adults, 1 kid, one 4x4 elk and all of our gear and it NEVER even hiccuped. No 4x4 even needed in rough 6A roads.

We love it! I have NEVER had to do anything to it other than a new battery. IF I sell it's only to get a new crew.

Highly recommended!

More D

The Kawasaki side by side is really nice, I don't have one but my buddy owns one and we use the polaris rangers at work so between those two, the Kawasaki Teryx is really nice and I believe you can get it with a 700 motor.

I'm interested in the 500-570, but I don't feel it will be able to haul 4 adults with gear up steep hills on loose gravel. The 800 is probably going to be the best choice for size and price. If I knew the 570 could hall everyone up steep hills I would go with the 570. Anyone have any info on taking their side by side up steep hills?

Adam

Take a look at the Honda Pioneer 700-4... Haven't used one yet but was looking at one the other day.. Maybe something to look at..

You could always get the regular cab ranger 800 and buy the jump seats for the bed. Put the jump seats in whenever you want to haul more people and save money over the crew cab. I have an 09 Ranger 700 and in 4 wheel drive it is a beast. It definately would go more places than I am brave enough to take it. We have a 2013 570 on the ranch and its kind of a dog. Get the bigger engine and don't look back.

I'm interested in the 500-570, but I don't feel it will be able to haul 4 adults with gear up steep hills on loose gravel. The 800 is probably going to be the best choice for size and price. If I knew the 570 could hall everyone up steep hills I would go with the 570. Anyone have any info on taking their side by side up steep hills?

Adam

hit up shedhunteraz , he's gone through a few.. LOL!

James

I have a friend who has a Kawasaki Teryx 4.... This thing is a beast. You put it in 4x4 low and there isn't a mountain it will not climb. If you are planning to take it up hills than it is the best you can get. Great back seats supports 4 people. With room in the back for your extra gear.

I have a 2010 Ranger XP800 and put the Rangerware full cab on it (after enduring a 4 degree elk hunt). The new Ranger has factory integrated cab components that look and fit much better. I also turkey hunt, and it's nice not having freezing wind on you while you're in route. Just crank up the heater and drink your coffee....just sayin'....

I have a 2010 Ranger XP800 and put the Rangerware full cab on it (after enduring a 4 degree elk hunt). The new Ranger has factory integrated cab components that look and fit much better. I also turkey hunt, and it's nice not having freezing wind on you while you're in route. Just crank up the heater and drink your coffee....just sayin'....

That's really decadent!

Check out the new Honda Pioneer 700 that just came out this summer. It is tough to beat the dependability of a Honda. My wife and are seriously considering buying the 700-4 version. The way the seats convert from a 2 seater with a dump bed to 4 seater with just a few levers is awesome!

Only negative is Honda is struggling to keep up with demand and you have to put some cash down and get on a wait list. We put down $100 so we can see one in person. The $100 is refundable if we decide to pass. They have also priced them way under their competition, $11,699 new and you don't have to drop a couple thousand extra for a bigger cage and back seats.

http://m.powersports.honda.com/model/street/All%20Products/pioneer-700-4/2014

I have a ranger 2012 xp 800. The best machine i ever bought. Ive hauled 6 people in it and our hunting gear over bad terrain. It ate it up likeno ones buisness. The more power tbe better.