love2hunt80

Leaving wednesday 12-11-13 for late Dec Tag..

I am leaving 12-11-13 for my late December 30B tag. Should be a cold but fun hunt. I'm taking my 11y.o nephew out of school for 5 days so he can hunt and hike etc with me. My buddy who has a tag with me also will be coming up Fri Morning before daylight also. Ive never killed or hunted the grey ghosts but have hunted elk, mulies and eastern whitetails.. I will post up picks if I'm successful for sure..

Great tag to have. According to last years success rate was 49% on that hunt. Lets hope you're one of the 49% this year!

@jcarter, I will definitely have a story with this one since I've always hunted with my dad, he isn't coming down for this one so it's definitely a new experience..

@norteno, thanks for the uplifting words brother, that's why I chose this Dec tag was because of the success rates. I'm definitely bringing every piece of warm clothing, boots, gear etc for this one..

Thanks bonecollector, I'm thinking that the rut is just starting w this cold weather.. since it's my 1st coues hunt, I'm not gonna be super picky, 80-90" buck will suit me just perfect..

• Like 1

Good luck and enjoy the hunt. It should be a good one. Looking forward to reading about it. Sorry your Dad can't make it but glad you are taking your nephew. Teach him right. Time with family and friends in the fiels is priceless!

Well new update, my buddy who was drawn with me now can't come up until the last weekend due to complications, so it's me n the nephew til Tuesday. If anyone wants to roll up and camp, visit etc, that would be awsome.. give me a call, Rob @ 623-297-9360.. should be a good time..

Good luck. The cool weather seems to have kicked up the activity level a little bit around here. Keep us posted. I have four friends who will be down here from the valley for that hunt. They will hunt the weekend then off and on the rest of the hunt. It will give me an excuse to get out and help them...always a good time!

• Like 1

Headed off to our unit at first light Thursday! My brother and I have the whole hunt off :). Big bucks be ware!!!!!!

-Ryan

• Like 1

Went for a drive today in 30b and saw 4 white tail doe going to be good for you all

Good luck on your hunt. I have this hunt in 35B and it's killing me sitting here when I wnat to be out there. Headed down for the week after Christmas, but sure wish I could get a day or two before that!

Take your time and pick a good one, you have a lot of time.

Bret