Sign in to follow this  
roninflag

feral hog in az

Not this fall but I called a herd in while varmint hunting last year. Been trying to find them again since with no luck.

I hear there's. Herd along the verde river some where. My undersranding of it is that hogs cannot stray too far from water so that's probably a good place to look.

There was supposed to be herd out by mammoth running the river good friend of mine who is a rancher had them tearing his fields up I still have not found or seen them YET!!

/>Glassed up two of them during rifle deer in Rain Valley in 35b

And you didn't shoot?!

/>

Glassed up two of them during rifle deer in Rain Valley in 35b

And you didn't shoot?!

Nope... Still kinda pissed about it. We were watching some really nice bucks when we saw them. After stalking and killing a buck we went back to where we had seen them and never found them again.

/>

/>

Glassed up two of them during rifle deer in Rain Valley in 35b

And you didn't shoot?!
Nope... Still kinda pissed about it. We were watching some really nice bucks when we saw them. After stalking and killing a buck we went back to where we had seen them and never found them again.

Ok, at least you got a deer out of it, if it came down to deer or hog I would have shot the deer too.

i know there are some on the strip.

Several on the AZ Strip around Black Rock, some along the Virgin River corridor, and I know there are a couple of herds on the Agua Fria Grasslands. Have seen their habitat damage in a few remote areas over east of Dugas. They are out there and, while they not be the problems they are in other states, its only a matter of time before they do become a problem in AZ if left unchecked. They are just hard to find.

Heard there are some in havasu around the desert hills area on the northwest side of town close to the lake. Don't know if its true just heard.