Sign in to follow this  
Heat

ATTENTION Glassers, Sheep Hunters, interested helpers!

ATTENTION SHEEP HUNTERS, GLASSERS, ETC! Tom (Lv2hnt) is having a tough time on his hunt in the Gilas. We've seen a number of good rams on this hunt, but we haven't been able to get to them to kill one. We need help finding a ram in a shootable position. Time is running out for Tom and his "help" has gone home for the most part. We need your help! If anyone ever wanted to get in on a sheep hunt, here is your chance! Contact me here by PM and I can put you in touch with Tom or let you know where to go.

I am positive Tom would be extremely delighted and grateful for any assistance he can get this last week or so.

God Bless,

Nick

My apologies, Unit 40B-W North Gilas. This range is SE of Yuma. You go through the Gila Mountains on your way into Yuma on I-8 heading West towards San Diego. You can access the East side of the range by heading South on 25E just West of Wellton, AZ. The West side of the range is accessible by going through the pass mentioned above and heading south on 15E. I can give better directions to anyone interested.

Nick

Is it that mountains are to rough and steep to climb or does he have physical limitations? Does he have the ability to take a longer range shot?

Tom is in the best physical condition any 60 something year old guy could ask for. That is not the issue. The issue is the sheep we have been finding are easily 1500-2000 feet vertical climb from the desert floor where we are glassing. You don't just walk up there and shoot one. It takes half a day to get up there and half a day to get down. That doesn't leave much room for error. By the time you get up there, if the sheep move to an area you can't see, it pretty much game over. These are the wildest of creatures living in some of the harshest environment on the planet.

We need lots of eyes to examine as many nooks and cranies to find a decent ram in an area that a stalk is possible. Tom is essentially on his own now. There is nobody else in camp with him. Myself and a few other guys have been trying to help as much as possible on the weekend, but the hunt is near it's conclusion. Time to pull out all the stops. It would be a shame if the hunt ended without Tom killing a ram, but it certainly will not be from a lack of physical conditioning, effort, or determination on Tom's part.

I have been waiting to hear back from him . . . here is my number 480 266 4811. I have walking pneumonia right now but may be back in the saddle by thurs . . .

I was able to help Tom early on his hunt. We located 4 rams together one evening and one of them looked really good. It was late so we decided to return early the following morning. We were able to locate the 3 smaller rams but not the big one.

Unfortunately, due to a problem I have on my left leg (Sciatic Nerve) I could not help Tom the way he deserve or the way I wanted to help him. My lower left leg is numb and I twisted my ankle really bad twice cause I don't have control over my leg :(. I felt something tearing inside my ankle but did not felt any pay because it was numb. It sucks getting old!

Since the day I helped Tom I haven't had a day off from work either, today is my first day off since I helped him. I'm only 30 minutes away from him and I'm not 100% ok with me leg yet :( I do text back and fort with him every other day.

I'm sorry Tom I want and I wish I could be helping you but I also want and wish for you to kill the one you are after my friend.

Ernesto C

• Like 2

ATTENTION SHEEP HUNTERS, GLASSERS, ETC! Tom (Lv2hnt) is having a tough time on his hunt in the Gilas. We've seen a number of good rams on this hunt, but we haven't been able to get to them to kill one. We need help finding a ram in a shootable position. Time is running out for Tom and his "help" has gone home for the most part. We need your help! If anyone ever wanted to get in on a sheep hunt, here is your chance! Contact me here by PM and I can put you in touch with Tom or let you know where to go.

I am positive Tom would be extremely delighted and grateful for any assistance he can get this last week or so.

God Bless,

Nick

Hi I am new to the forum,not sure if this is how it works? Have you had any luck finding help for lv2hnt on his sheep hunt I will send this to see if i did it right.