Sign in to follow this  
fisher_hunt

Hoyt Carbon Spyder? Mathews Creed?

I'm in the market for a high end bow. Saved up for a long time and the last time I bought a bow was in 2000! I'm pretty sold on the Hoyt Carbon Spyder but won't be able to get a left-handed one in before the Jan hunt. Also looking at the Creed since I always dreamed of having a Mathews. Anybody use these bows, thoughts? Or any other bow recommendations?

Let the bow pick you shoot them all .. good luck

Unfortunately being left-handed limits what bows they have in stock to try. I shot the Creed and Creed XS. I preferred the Creed. Wanted to shoot the Sypder but no love for the lefties.

Let the bow pick you shoot them all .. good luck

Unfortunately being left-handed limits what bows they have in stock to try. I shot the Creed and Creed XS. I preferred the Creed. Wanted to shoot the Sypder but no love for the lefties.

Dang that's rough on a guy being left handed shopping for a new bow,I would assume/hope the dealer would arrange a demo left hander for you.After all if your talking about the carbon spyder that's a 1400.00 bare bow.Im right handed but scared to shoot that bow cause my wallet would probably jump out of my pocket,and I would be sleeping out on the couch with the dogs for at least a week . Good luck let us know how it goes if the dealer wants your hard earned money I'm sure they could make it happen ..

Actually for those that don't know, the manufacturing companies don't even begin to make left handed bows until late Dec early Jan. It has nothing to do with a dealer wanting your money or not. I'm a lefty working in the archery industry at a top selling pro shop for both Hoyt and Mathews and have connections in Hoyt and still can't get my bow any faster. To the OP, if you are even considering the carbon spyder then get it. No other bow can compare period. I am getting the turbo version and man it's a long wait but getting that high quality of a bow is worth it. Let me know if i can help in any way.

Don't sell yourself short. Shoot all of the bows you can, not just the big name big market bows. Try an Elite, they are great bows to shoot.

I'm in the market for a high end bow. Saved up for a long time and the last time I bought a bow was in 2000! I'm pretty sold on the Hoyt Carbon Spyder but won't be able to get a left-handed one in before the Jan hunt. Also looking at the Creed since I always dreamed of having a Mathews. Anybody use these bows, thoughts? Or any other bow recommendations?

thats an oxymoron, get a bowtech

Actually for those that don't know, the manufacturing companies don't even begin to make left handed bows until late Dec early Jan. It has nothing to do with a dealer wanting your money or not. I'm a lefty working in the archery industry at a top selling pro shop for both Hoyt and Mathews and have connections in Hoyt and still can't get my bow any faster. To the OP, if you are even considering the carbon spyder then get it. No other bow can compare period. I am getting the turbo version and man it's a long wait but getting that high quality of a bow is worth it. Let me know if i can help in any way.

Yeah I should have started my bow shopping months ago. I debated on waiting for the Sypder but decided since I was going to be putting in a lot of days hunting this year in Jan. might as well just go with what they have in stock. I ended up getting the Mathews Creed. And once we got everything setup it shot like a dream. I've been shooting a 2000 Reflex Bighorn that I bought from Cabelas for $180, huge difference lol. Also I was able to deck it out and paid just slightly over what I would have paid for just the Sypder alone. Overall I'm a happy camper. I bought from Archery Headquarters in Chandler and highly recommend them!

• Like 1

Yeah I should have started my bow shopping months ago. I debated on waiting for the Sypder but decided since I was going to be putting in a lot of days hunting this year in Jan. might as well just go with what they have in stock. I ended up getting the Mathews Creed. And once we got everything setup it shot like a dream. I've been shooting a 2000 Reflex Bighorn that I bought from Cabelas for $180, huge difference lol. Also I was able to deck it out and paid just slightly over what I would have paid for just the Sypder alone. Overall I'm a happy camper. I bought from Archery Headquarters in Chandler and highly recommend them!

Awesome man .. happy hunting

not sure why Bowtech waits until January to put out there new line of bows for the year.Seems to me they are missing out on a huge part of the market by doing this. IMO

i wouldnt even know cuz i afford the latest and greatest lol. plus the Tribute is the GOAT anyway :D

• Like 1

You should give the Hoyt faktor a try! I shot the the carbon spyder the Mathews creed & chill & the faktor. The faktor felt just as good as the spyder, but a lot

less money.

not sure why Bowtech waits until January to put out there new line of bows for the year.Seems to me they are missing out on a huge part of the market by doing this. IMO

i wouldnt even know cuz i afford the latest and greatest lol. plus the Tribute is the GOAT anyway :D

I like your style trphyntr..