Sign in to follow this  
gbocardo

Still Crying

I attempted a stalk at this Buck last week. Glassed and Glassed for Doe and nothing in view. Was alone and only 150 yards away made my game plan and started on my way. Buck was bedded behind large juniper and had no clue he was doomed. The Juniper was my way in and wouldn't you know it 115 yards away a Doe pops up in view. We stand off for 10 minutes then the Buck slowly walks away.

Yesterday made another attempt at finding Bucks. January around the corner any Buck will do. Weather man says 6 mph winds but he was wrong and 35+ it blew. We glassed and glassed and nothing to see but my buddy Joe spots a Doe and shortly after sees a buck bedded in a bowl. We cant make out the size so Joe passes and lets me have the chance.

The wind was perfect blowing south the Buck below a shelf. While making my stalk the Buck stood up and Joe regretted letting me go as it was the same Buck from a week ago. 55 yards away I see the Buck graze but he is facing away. He is slowly walking away so I draw my bow and as he grazes he catches a glimps of me only giving me his head and butt never giving his broadside. The wind so gusty can't hold my aim but i try to steady before I release my string. I'm sure I don't have to say "I missed" because I'm still crying today.

Look at the Buck i missed.

Also a blurry pick of me and the buck in view. Excuse the hearts my wife thought it was cute.

post-5213-0-39198300-1388185318_thumb.jpg

post-5213-0-63940600-1388185355_thumb.jpg

Hahaha. That's what 9 stalks now w no deer. Just kidding. That was fun. We will find him next week. I shouldn't of passed on him. He was a nice buck. Good post.

Keep at it is right. You'll get him

P.S. the hearts are ok. You know the old saying "Happy wife, Happy life" Most hunters are sentimental anyway

That's what makes this time of year so special...To play chess with bucks of this caliber...priceless, you/we are gonna loose most of the time but having an opponent like this is what it's about...good luck and keep at it...c.o.u.e.s.

Ouch! Keep at it!

Oh darn!! Bummer for sure!! But, hang in and keep it up!!