Sign in to follow this  
devilincatcountry

2014 pigs?

I have no dog in this.... I do not know Kidso personally, but if he chose to hunt 2 animals he had tags for, so be it. You asked a question and he gave his answer. If you disagree, which clearly you do, take it up with him. PM's are a better way to communicate if you are going to bash him for wounding 2 animals on one hunt.

Of course, no one thinks wounding 2 animals is a good thing. At what point was he able to try to hunt again? What was the acceptable time frame? Obviously when he shot at the javelina, he had no intentions of not recovering it. This was the next day, and it sounds like he was making an honest effort to recover his deer.

Hope this explains my like......

While deer hunting in 34b I ran into a large herd of pigs but of course didn't have a tag at the time but picked up my archery only tag yesterday. Hopefully they are still in the same canyon so I can harvest my second big game animal with a bow.

Can we get a dislike button please. :) Good luck on your archery javelina hunt GEE.

• Like 1

Coueselk, congratulations to your son. Great job. I just bet you were just as excited as he was?

JD

My boy got his first big game with a bow two days ago. Was windy as heck. We had all the pigs bed below a rock bluff we were glassing from. He made a good straight down 10 yard shot on the herd boar.
He ran about 10 yards and stopped. Wasn't quite ready to give up, he was just weaving back and forth. We waited a few minutes, but me being impatient, told the boy to put another arrow in him.
That didn't quite go as planned. Boy hit an ocotillo which deflected his arrow striking the pig just behind the right eye and poking out in front of the left eye. Pig ran another 5 yards and piled up. Not from the 2nd shot though.
Going to make an interesting European mount.

Didn't take photo of the arrow sticking out, as really not appropriate. But you can just make out the fletching over the boars nose in this photo.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Kudos to kidso and to all who track wounded animals! sometimes we find them :) sometimes we dont. :( the only person who can make the call to keep hunting is the shooter/tracker.. i shot a bear years back and while tracking it few hours in stumbled upon a lion and chose not to shoot.. 2 days tracking later no bear and no lion.. still no lion 10-15yrs or so later.. sure now i wish i would have shot but chose differently while FRESH on blood if i had already exhausted my efforts kitty would have been dead. ;-)

Need more piggy pics guys my aching bones having hard time getting out to hunt much so living vicariously through you all!

Ps! if anybody having difficulty with a uncooperative herd close to town (26) give me a shout maybe i can help get your arrow in flight as long as mine can fly 2nd. :) good luck to all!

Now if we could get all the guys that shoot 500+ yards and just assume they missed the animal (elk) to go look for blood before they continue to hunt we would be getting somewhere. ;-)

• Like 1

My wife Colleen went out with me last Saturday afternoon. We hiked to a vantage point and I quickly picked up a large herd while glassing. The shot was a touch back, but the rage overcompensated for that with a giant entrance and exit wound. Blood trail was impressive and pig fell over at about 30 yards. This was the first big game animal Colleen has seen me take so it was a special deal indeed.

post-754-0-03452300-1389194882_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I am cursed right now. Shot my first ever deer, a nice coues yesterday, and lost him. Went out today to continue the search and arrowed a pig, which also eluded recovery (i have shot 20 plus archery javelina in my career, and this was my first loss) so i am double bummed. For the past two days, all i have been doing is tracking, beyond the blood trail, and it has stretched my skills. But still, no recovered game. I guess that is why it is called hunting. My archery January is now over.

you shot 20 pigs and shot one when you were looking for a wounded deer why?i know how everyone on here stick together and will beat me up for this post ,but was the pig that important?I really want t know.Not picking on you Kidso I just can't even imagine why you would try and kill a pig tracking a wounded deer.when you have killed so many animals.I was where you a

because he had a tag for one? i dont see why not

Once again Seldom Drawn has hijacked a thread by expressing an ignorant opinion based upon speculation. . . What's new?

And what should make either of those guys feel obligated to explain themselves to him?

Congrats to all the successful hunters, apparently you are better than me. Still looking for mine.

• Like 2

My wife Colleen went out with me last Saturday afternoon. We hiked to a vantage point and I quickly picked up a large herd while glassing. The shot was a touch back, but the rage overcompensated for that with a giant entrance and exit wound. Blood trail was impressive and pig fell over at about 30 yards. This was the first big game animal Colleen has seen me take so it was a special deal indeed.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Love the pic of you and the pig on the boulder.awesome your wife could be with you.

• Like 1

Finally got my first big game ever down yesterday! 0/3 in deer tags lifetime, but now 1/1 in pig tags!

10 yards, bad shot, long track, finally kill shot in the lungs! I posted a thread with all the pics and the whole story.

post-11483-0-58434600-1389625861_thumb.jpg

post-11483-0-25529300-1389625883_thumb.jpg

Here you go, first one taken on the first of Jan in 34a and the other on the second in 36a, Now just watching big floppy ears and waiting for the right opportunity to strike!

post-4070-0-82358000-1389658614_thumb.jpg

post-4070-0-68868400-1389658722_thumb.jpg

post-4070-0-35242600-1389658759_thumb.jpg

post-4070-0-88203100-1389658784_thumb.jpg

Finally got my first big game ever down yesterday! 0/3 in deer tags lifetime, but now 1/1 in pig tags!

10 yards, bad shot, long track, finally kill shot in the lungs! I posted a thread with all the pics and the whole story.

attachicon.gifPhoto Jan 12, 17 58 09 (1).jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto Jan 12, 20 50 11.jpg

Way to stick with it you should find it will only get easier from now on,I like your buddies hat I have one just like it.