Flatlander

2014 Elk and Antelope Draw Odds

Thank you so much for doing this, if you have a chance I'd like to know my chances for nov28-dec 4 rifle in 5B bull. I have 4 bonus points and 6A bull same time.

Early archery 1, 2b, and 2c or 27

or late rifle 1, 2b, and 2c or 27

Myself my wife and our oldest all want these hunts. We each have 4 points.

7%, 9%

10%, 23%

27 and 23. Early rifle. 17 points? Thanks.

27 didn't have an early rifle hunt last year so it is tough to say, but judging off unit 1 you could possibly sneak into the bonus pass. Last year in unit 1 only one person with 18 BP did not draw a tag in the bonus pass. Unit 27 is generally slightly better odds than 1 for whatever reason. If you put it as first choice, you could sneak in there.

23 is another story 18 was bonus pass and I don't see that lightening up this year after all the great bulls that came out of that unit on the archery hunt. Outside the bonus pass 17 bonus points gives you 2%.

Thanks for doing this for us Flattie! What're my odds for Early Archery Bull 4B or 5A with 4 BPs?

4B - 21% last year but they reduced the tags so that will go down this year because it takes applicants a year or two to follow the trend by reducing applications.

5A - 13% This unit is in the opposite boat, might be a good opportunity.

What unit has the best early bull archery chances with 2 bp?

With 9 Antelope points which unit has the best rifle draw odds?

Thanks for spending your time helping all of us!!!

Last year 4B was the easiest archery bull hunt. They killed a well publicized big bull there this year and tags are reduced. 11M may be a better bet atleast the tag numbers held steady in that unit.

13A or 13B will get you 3%.

If you can run this for me that would be great thanks 22 late rifle bull and 10 late rifle bull 5 bps

Either of the 22N late rifle tags are yours, and 22S would be about 27%

Unit 10 - Would be about 40%

Flatlander thanks for the info and for putting the time into this. Helps me deciede what I'm gonna do.

Thank you for doing this flatlander. I have 4 points for elk. How about early archery bull for the first and second hunts in 11M. Also unit 8 early archery bull. Thanks!

Thanks Flatlander for crunching all of the numbers and provide insight to everyone here.

Thank you for doing this flatlander. I have 4 points for elk. How about early archery bull for the first and second hunts in 11M. Also unit 8 early archery bull. Thanks!

11M - 1 15%

11M - 2 18%

8 - 6%

flatlander,I have 7 BP for early rifle bull unit 10 and early archery bull unit 23n,thanks

23N Archery - 4%

10 Rifle - 1%

My father in law has 19 points for antelope does he have a chance at any rifle hunt

8 points for antelope- rifle unit 2a, archery unit 17b

6 points for elk- late rifle bull unit 27 and 1, then archery bull in both also, just to see what my odds are

And thanks for doing this, I'm sure this takes you more time than you'd like to admit!

My father in law has 19 points for antelope does he have a chance at any rifle hunt

Last year 19 got in the bonus pass for the 13's and 6A. It wasn't 100% but a drastic improvement over what you would get in any other unit.

5 pts for elk

Sept archery bull 5B-S

Sept archery bull 6A

Thanks

James

9%, 25% Respectively

I have 21 for antelope thinking unit 9 or 5b rifle

and 6 for elk early bow unit 8

Tanks for all the help

REDDOG

Outside the Bonus Pass on 5B so 1%

Unit 9 21 got you into the bonus pass last year but I wouldn't expect it this year as there were 19 guys w/21 pts who didn't get drawn. Look for this one to creep this year.

8 Early Archery Bull - 9%

Last year I had 3 points and drew 23n early archery so what's my odds with 2 points this year :)

1%, You can double that if you go south.

8 points for antelope- rifle unit 2a, archery unit 17b

6 points for elk- late rifle bull unit 27 and 1, then archery bull in both also, just to see what my odds are

And thanks for doing this, I'm sure this takes you more time than you'd like to admit!

2A Rifle Lope - 2%

17B & 19B (they were combined last year) - 5% 1st hunt, 6% 2nd hunt

1 Late Rifle - 14%

27 Late Rifle - 50%

1 Archery - 9%

27 Archery - 13%

It does take time, and I am not sure why but I get great satisfaction out of it. I only ask that you guys come back and post what you drew if and when that time comes.