Flatlander

2014 Elk and Antelope Draw Odds

Hey flatlander, I'd really appreciate some help, I was directed to you by another member. My game plan for the draw this year is this

Me (4 bonus points)

1st choice: 6a early archery bull

2nd choice: 7w late rifle bull.

Dad(4 bonus points)

Same units as me

Wife(2 bonus points)

5b late rifle

5bs late arch

Daughter(0 bonus points)

Same as wife.

What do you think is our overall odds? Which unit has the best chance? Any recommendations on a different unit. I am pretty desperate for a tag this year as the nightmares of my arrow flying under a 360 5bs bull need to end this year. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

• Like 2

/>My inbox is getting a little full. I have been working on a way to post my odds spreadsheet online somewhere but do not have a solution yet. For the meantime, if you would like me to check your odds for the antelope, rifle elk, archery or muzzleloader bull, post your bonus point and desired unit here and I will run it for you. I have not completed the rifle cow, archery cow or limited opp hunts yet. I hope to do them this week.

Hopefully this will help eliminate some redundancy if people have the same BP and are interested in the same hunt. If you have a specific question beyond odds feel free to PM, but my inbox is getting maxed out so lets keep those to a minimum.

Rifle cow is now complete. Ok got all the muzzy hunts done. Everything is available except Jr's (today) and Limited Opp (I have no idea when).

Good luck fellas.

Have you thought about using Google docs? Generous of you to share your hard work crunching numbers.

Pretty awesome that you do this for everybody, but here is my two cents on this topic I always say its 50/50 either you get drawn or not!!!!! haha!!!I hear of people getting early rifle/archery bull tags 3,4 years in a row you just never know. I even know a friend that harvested a big horn around the age of 16 or so and it was not passed down so like many I'll put in and keep the fingers crossed like many others. Good luck guys and thanks again flatlander for doing this for the site.

• Like 1

I thought we were supposed to wait until after the draw to be depressed. You guys are a glutton for punishment no doubt!

Putting in for the draw for elk and antelope should be a happy time lol

Good luck in the draw guys and gals

Flatlander..... You the man

Yeah, I have a whopping ONE point, so I think I'll just put in for one awesome hunt and who knows. Might be that lucky one! But just conceding the fact that I'm buying a BP... Lol

Good luck guys!