Flatlander

2014 Elk and Antelope Draw Odds

how about 2 bps elk 5bs archary and my wife has 6 elk bps and she wants eary riffle cause its not cold. any ideas and she has 14 antilope bps any more ideas thankyou

Very cool of you Flatlander. How about 6b early archery bull with 4 bonus points.

16%

It's awesome you are taking the time to help everyone out again this year. You helped me out last year and I've got another for you haha. 21 rifle goat 14 points? Thanks again!

3%

Do you happen to know what max bp is for elk

Flatlander, can you post non res. % also ? My brother has 10 non res bp for elk and is looking at 27 early archery and 3a/c early archery. I have 10 elk bp's res and looking at the same units/season, same weapon. Thank you !!

Its difficult to differentiate non-resident vs resident with the info game and fish provides. Realistically the 10% NR max is likely being hit in those units during the bonus pass. He should be in that group so his odds are high, especially in 27 where it only took 9 for the bonus pass last year. You are there, if you put in together I would think that you would have a very good chance.

Flatlander, you the man!!!!

Early archery 6a,6b with 6Bp?

-Ryan

62% 100% as of last year. Should be similar this year.

Thanks Flatlander for your time and expertise! How about 6a early muzzy and 23 late rifle with 5 pts?

There is no early muzzy in 6A, 23 Late - 72%

23 bonus points for antelope! Odds on 10 or 5bN? Thanks for your help!

100%

Flatlander, I am not sure if you do non-resident draw odds, but I have 24 points and am interested in 10, 9 and 5B. Thanks!

If you have 24 bp you are the one and only person on Earth with that many and you can pick your tag. Good luck, and be sure to leave room in your schedule for a trip to the Grand Canyon State this year. Post up some pics.

I have 2 points and will be putting in for 8 cow muzzy and 8 cow rifle.

39%, 20%

I have 1 BP. I want to put 6a early archery 1st choice and 22 North late bull 2nd choice. Either that or 6b late cow for 2nd choice. Chances any good??

8%, 18% (1st hunt), 24% (2nd Hunt), 43%

how about 2 bps elk 5bs archary and my wife has 6 elk bps and she wants eary riffle cause its not cold. any ideas and she has 14 antilope bps any more ideas thankyou

10% for you. For your wife look at some of the limited opp hunts. She probably won't be in the bonus but it would help increase her odds. Or, get her a bow.

So, putting 6b 2nd choice will up my chances of getting drawn for 6a 1st choice? Just want to make sure I understand. Also, my dad and brother will be putting in with me. Dad also has 1 BP.

late rifle bull in 23

late rifle cow in 23

early & late rifle cow in 7W

2 bp

Thanks!

Flatlander, Thank you for the numbers!

Hey man sorry, I'm sure your worn out from helping everyone but one last question. I'm pretty set on 6b as a second choice (1st choice 6a) I don't need the odds I just want your opinion on it or recommendation of a different second choice. I been considering 7east and 11m as well(both of wich I have hunted). (All early archery and 4 bonus points)

This is a great voluntary service you are providing to fellow CWT folks. We shoud all get together and buy you many beers. I know I have little chance of drawing a good tag with a few BP's so I am asking for my buddy. He has 8 BP for elk and plans to put in for 5B-S Sept Archery Bull (cause that's our favorite area). What would be a good 2nd choice for the same hunt....4B, 4A, 6A?

How about Rifle Antelope with 13 BP's?

Thank you much!

So, putting 6b 2nd choice will up my chances of getting drawn for 6a 1st choice? Just want to make sure I understand. Also, my dad and brother will be putting in with me. Dad also has 1 BP.

No. 6A is the tougher to draw tag, so you should put it as your first choice.

The draw process will look at your first 2 choices when your number is drawn. They will look at your first choice, and if there are tags available, give you a tag. If no tags available, then they will look at your second choice. Again, if a tag is available for that choice, you get a tag. They look at everybody's first two choices before looking at anyone's 3rd, 4th, and 5th choices.

So, you ALWAYS put in the harder to draw tag as your first choice.

Hey man sorry, I'm sure your worn out from helping everyone but one last question. I'm pretty set on 6b as a second choice (1st choice 6a) I don't need the odds I just want your opinion on it or recommendation of a different second choice. I been considering 7east and 11m as well(both of wich I have hunted). (All early archery and 4 bonus points)

Im confused with what you are asking here...

You say " Im pretty set on 6b as a second choice"

then...

You want opinions on a different second choice?

• Like 1