Sign in to follow this  
swaro06

Broadheads accuracy

I've had the best luck with slick tricks. I know they're four blades and I expected them to be less accurate because of that but it wasn't the case. The razor tricks actually seemed to be the most accurate for me. If you're dead set on a 3 blade then the strikers are probably your ticket. Or WAC 'ems.

Any quality broadhead from a well tuned-moderate setup will fly. You cannot screw on proper tuning.

• Like 1

Most broadheads today are manufactured to tolerances that should allow for good flight from a well tuned bow. One thing that is rarely mentioned is arrow build in relationship to broadhead flight. The biggest part of having an arrow tuned correctly is making sure the insert is mounted square to the end of the arrow. Sometimes the insert is not seated flush and the point will not spin true. An arrow squaring device used after cutting will correct any problems. Another good practice is to cut from both ends of the arrow since any bend is usually located near the ends of the shafts. Correct head weight in relationship to Front of Center will also help with good broadhead flight. Finally, big 5" vanes or high profile 2" vanes fletched helical usually get best performance with broadheads.

Tuning your bow to shoot with broadheads is a whole 'nother ballgame. I recommend the Easton Tuning Guide as a reference.

All that being said, I highly recommend Magnus Broadheads with their lifetime replacement guarantee! They'll fly right with your field tips if you've done your part tuning and shooting. I have had good success with the 3 blade Snuffer SS.

Any quality broadhead from a well tuned-moderate setup will fly. You cannot screw on proper tuning.
Most broadheads today are manufactured to tolerances that should allow for good flight from a well tuned bow. One thing that is rarely mentioned is arrow build in relationship to broadhead flight. The biggest part of having an arrow tuned correctly is making sure the insert is mounted square to the end of the arrow. Sometimes the insert is not seated flush and the point will not spin true. An arrow squaring device used after cutting will correct any problems. Another good practice is to cut from both ends of the arrow since any bend is usually located near the ends of the shafts. Correct head weight in relationship to Front of Center will also help with good broadhead flight. Finally, big 5" vanes or high profile 2" vanes fletched helical usually get best performance with broadheads.

Tuning your bow to shoot with broadheads is a whole 'nother ballgame. I recommend the Easton Tuning Guide as a reference.

All that being said, I highly recommend Magnus Broadheads with their lifetime replacement guarantee! They'll fly right with your field tips if you've done your part tuning and shooting. I have had good success with the 3 blade Snuffer SS.

+1