dieselroe

134 Yard Archery Shot on 6x6

Next time you post a topic about a monster buck being harvested, leave out the distance it was shot at please. It completely took away the purpose of this entire thread. This is probably why the hunter didn't post the picture and story of the harvest.

Ethics are not measured with a tape measure or a range finder. There is a lot more that goes into an ethical shot than distance. What is the individual's skill level, what equipment are they shooting, how much have they practiced at that distance, what were the weather conditions, what was the position of the animal, and on and on...

I have a full time job making sure all my actions are ethical, I don't have time to judge others, because in the end, I control only my ethics and my actions.

• Like 6

/>I have said this before and I will say it again: have any of you shot collegiate archery? We used a competition long bow set to 40 or 45 lbs. We shot Olympic rules and distances. Outdoor distances started at 25 meters and went out to 90 meters. NOW if we did this with a recurve bow back in the 80's and consistently shot 280+ rounds out of 300 with the bullseye being an 8" target, then with the modern compound bows we shoot today anybody that practices at those yardages can ethically shoot that shot..... I understand some of you don't think it is ethical, maybe not for you but to some it is. We practice long shots not to constantly take them, but to be able to if the situation presents itself.

Do we even know if this mythical shot took place? With all the bashing we may never know! Lets stop this before it gets completely out of control and this site becomes what others ARE, the site nobody wants to go to. PLEASE STOP THE PRE-POST BASHING BASED ON RUMOR....PLEASE!!

+1000

Finally someone with some since! Thank you! Bunch of keyboard quaterbacks with an ethics police badge! Knock it off!!

• Like 1

/>I would say the guy who shot this shot was a game and fish agent, but Tony Mandile might bannish me to a special thread like AZLance...

lmfao!!!!!

hybrid, 136 yards with a rage broadhead. poached in grand canyon park.... word is he passed on the fritos buck 20 min before at 40 yard...he also used bait and doe urine. he cant post pics due to a magazine article that will have a detailed map of the location killed. did i miss anything?

I heard it was Lark and it was killed behind Pete's place in Star Valley....

Haven't shot anything outside of petes but I may have tried to snare a cougar inside there once or twice.

• Like 6

hybrid, 136 yards with a rage broadhead. poached in grand canyon park.... word is he passed on the fritos buck 20 min before at 40 yard...he also used bait and doe urine. he cant post pics due to a magazine article that will have a detailed map of the location killed. did i miss anything?

I heard it was Lark and it was killed behind Pete's place in Star Valley....

Haven't shot anything outside of petes but I may have tried to snare a cougar inside there once or twice.

Be careful with those cougars. Sometimes they are a bit more aggressive than a young buck is ready for!

• Like 1

I've been tryin to blunt a hack rabbit with a homemade bow and arrow around my property for about a year now! I shot thru both ears of one a few months ago at 10 yards, no point to my story. I'm looking forward to 20 pages!! Not sure the record but 20 sounds good to me!!

Ethics are not measured with a tape measure or a range finder. There is a lot more that goes into an ethical shot than distance. What is the individual's skill level, what equipment are they shooting, how much have they practiced at that distance, what were the weather conditions, what was the position of the animal, and on and on... I have a full time job making sure all my actions are ethical, I don't have time to judge others, because in the end, I control only my ethics and my actions.

best answer in 5 pages!

• Like 1

Next time you post a topic about a monster buck being harvested, leave out the distance it was shot at please. It completely took away the purpose of this entire thread. This is probably why the hunter didn't post the picture and story of the harvest.

Totally my bad. I just didn't want to give the unit away so was looking to use another detail of the kill. I'm fairly new to hunter forums...

• Like 1

Totally my bad. I just didn't want to give the unit away so was looking to use another detail of the kill. I'm fairly new to hunter forums...

No worries! I would much rather read a thread about a harvest then 5 pages of ethical shot drama.

Heck of an learning experience... :lol:

• Like 1