Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

What are these?

I'm on google earth looking at some area I'm not familiar with trying to find new areas to hunt and I see these lines running along the side of the hill. Not vehicle I don't think, look way defined to be deer, cattle? I don't think cattle would be in this area because I am familiar with the area around this just not this particular spot and never have seen cattle. Water? I kinda threw that out because its running horizontal almost up and around the hill. Illegals? (It is in 35B about 15 miles from the border) but I threw that out because of how many lines there are. Any thoughts?

post-11647-0-67641800-1389838550_thumb.jpg

I can count 4 very defined trails and many smaller ones you really think illegals are this heavy in the area and use this multiple of trails?

mojado trail

• Like 2

Most of the areas I look at on Google earth the shot is from the late 90's or early 2000's. I guess they update a little more often near the border. In the desert it doesn't take a lot of traffic to pound out a trail.

35b has cattle and illegals. hunt that unit and see both running along hillsides.

Most of the areas I look at on Google earth the shot is from the late 90's or early 2000's. I guess they update a little more often near the border. In the desert it doesn't take a lot of traffic to pound out a trail.

check the progression of trails along the border from early 90's to now. you can clearly see the housing boom and the demand for labor increase

• Like 1

It's illegal trails, if you follow the trail to the north and look in the upper right hand corner you can see one in the trees...

• Like 1

/>

It's illegal trails, if you follow the trail to the north and look in the upper right hand corner you can see one in the trees...

2ylv87k.gif

Hahahahaha!

Simple. Cattle trails if there are cattle tracks and cow pies on them, and illegal immigrant/drug smuggler trails if you find discarded 1970's style winter jackets and Jumex cans. Hey, not many people know this, but the deer use both of those kinds of trails...

Maybe a trail used by illegals, that's my guess...

rite.