Sign in to follow this  
AZHUNTER05

2 for 2

My buddy Jim and I were able to drop a few pigs this year! We were lucky enough to tag out by the second day of the hunt, so we spent the rest or the week chasing deer. Unfortunately our luck ran out after the second pig hit the ground, but that's how it goes! I included a picture of the broad heads I used on this hunt. I used a swhacker for my first shot which was a little high. The arrow went completely through the pig into a granite boulder absolutely destroying it. My second shot I put a grave digger right behind the shoulder at 30 yards the pig went 10 yards and laid down. After that I snuck in close and placed one more shot with a rage to seal the deal. Good luck to all the HAM and rifle hunters!

post-5645-0-24292700-1390537064_thumb.jpg

post-5645-0-42617900-1390537102_thumb.jpg

post-5645-0-60484100-1390537127_thumb.jpg

post-5645-0-05332600-1390537148_thumb.jpg

post-5645-0-84636000-1390537161_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on a double. That always makes for a good trip. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Now, tell us your opinion. Which of the 3 broadheads do you prefer and why? Does one fly closer to field tips than the others? Amazing that you were able to fling such a variety into the pig! Nice job!

G_E_E I boiled the skull, it's pretty easy to do but very time consuming. If you go to javelinahunter.com they have step by step direction on how to do it.

Kidso, to be honest I am a fan of all three broad heads, but I think I will stick with the gravediggers from now on. I love the rages because they fly great out of my bow and make massive entry and exits holes! However the cons of the rages for me are the blades are very weak and bend easily, also the blades deploy in my quiver (even w/collars). I really like the swhacker's and I will continue to shoot them. They fly even better then the rages, plus the blades are extremely strong and they don't have o-rings which I like. My only complaint about the swhacker's is the housing of the broad head (not sure if that's the right term) bends verily easy. I have killed three animals with the swhacker's and all three broad heads were destroyed, however the blades held up extremely well! The grave digger is my favorite at the moment because the are a fixed blade/ mechanical, do not have a o-ring, fly just like field points, and talk about massive holes!

I always buy a pack of broad heads and test them out before I take them in the field. When I took the gravediggers out I was skeptical on how they would fly and if the blades would deploy in flight. They flew just like my fields points out to 80 yards (I didn't try further) , and I didn't have to line them up with the fletchings like I did with the rages. I also deployed the blades on the gravedigger and shot it out to 40 yards and found they still shot extremely well. All around it's a great broad head and I like support local guys and there products. So in my opinion I would stick with the gravediggers and swhacker's, both are quality broad heads and designed by guys here in az.

/>Cool deal man and Congrats. Rocks sure do a number on broadheads.

Ya the swhacker got a pass on this one since I shot it into a boulder at just under 300 fps.