Sign in to follow this  
JSHUNTER05

Glassing Sheep Units 39 & 41

Going glassing for Sheep next weekend in Unit 39 or 41. Went a couple of weeks ago and glassed us 3 groups in the Picacho Hills area of 41E on the SE to SW end of the range. Have read the G & F info on the units, looking for additional info. Not looking for your "honey hole", just want to make the most of my time outdoors. Its a nice time of year and I like taking pics with my spotting scope and Outdoorsman phone adapter. Thanks JS

I've spent 5 out of the last 9 days in the northern Eagletails, GMU 41. No sheep and none on my game cams. They're probably further south. I got no 41E on my AZGF map, where is it?

Thanks for the offer ajohunter. I'll check with my hunting buddy, maybe we'll try 40A next Saturday. We are just looking for something close to the NW side of Phoenix.

thanks, learned something new.

me and mulepacker heading to the Eagletails tomorrow......

Yesterday we (MULEPACKHUNTER and I) rode about an 18 mile loop thru the Eagletail Mountains north of the anvil. Didn't see squat for animals or sign of bighorns, just a few deer tracks and a chipmunk.

Certainly was a good ride in a beautiful spot, though. Was shocking how the water at Indian Springs dried up or was consumed by cattle since just a few days ago when the water was abundant. Still plenty of water in the AZGF catchments.

post-11051-0-14159000-1390881044_thumb.jpg

Nice looking country Edge, even better looking paint. That's alot of miles not to see anything but you were traveling in style anyway. We are going to be in 39W this weekend, hopefully we will have better luck. Have you been around the Picacho Hills area any? We saw quite a few sheep in that range. JS

JS, thanks for the kind words. At 17h tall and nostrils you could fit grapefruit in, that mare can cover some territory.

No, I haven't been to the Picacho Hills area since the '80s when Uncle Sam sent me to Gila Bend. Would like to get over to the Belmonts or Bighorns in the next couple days.

Tell us if ya see anything.