Sign in to follow this  
NM_Shedder

Sheds In, Under or Around Trees

I myself have never found a shed in a tree, bush, etc. but yall should share your pics if you have.

I always look under every tree just in case but to date never found a shedunder a tree. But I've found 11 dead head in my life, every one under a tree or large bush. I think coyotes drag then there to lay in the shade and gnaw on them

The last muley shed I found was in a bush. It was a nice 5 point that was there so long it was slightly chalky.

Years ago I found a shed in a cresote bush... Didnt carry a camera with me at the time

I found an elk shed in a juniper before but it definitely didn't fall off and land there. I think someone had found it before and maybe set it up there while taking a break. Didn't have a camera with me at the time tho.

I found a set of Coues sheds once in a oak bush here in Unit 24 NM. Was back in my college days though and didn't carry a camera.

Jeff

I had my boys out hiking one day in New Mexico, I glassed up what I thought was the top end of what had to be a huge elk shed sticking out of a bush.

Half a mile later, I walk up to it, a small 20" 4 point laying across the top of that scrub bush.

I ain't complaining.....it was an antler.......

never seen one under a tree myself. last muley shed i found was in plain sight by some dead tall grass. i thought it was some bleached tree branches at first that had dried up. nice 4 pointer

I found my best shed, a 7-pointer from a 400 class bull over six foot off the ground in a juniper tree. Went back 24 times to find the match but was unlucky and never found it. Years ago when taking long hikes into remote shedding areas I used to hang my sheds up in a tree for later when I had too many to carry out. Have actually gone back 5 or so years later to pick some up. Had one tree with 5 tremendous sized sheds I hung that someone found and took the best 3 horns out. I was surprised to discover there are actually other people as crazy as I am getting off the beaten path!

• Like 1

I have hung alot of whites in trees or just hung them when hunting with plans to return and get them later. Some times they are there and some time they are gone when I get back.

• Like 2