Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

Minimum age to build points

Anyone know what the minimum age to build points in AZ is? My brother just had his first baby and I want to get her started building points right away if possible?

• Like 1

Pretty sure as long as your willing to buy the hunting license every year you can start now and buy a bonus point each yr for elk/goat/sheep etc.

Good question I was wondering the same thing. I figured it was 10 since the online process would realize a 2 year old was putting in. But if not I definitely wanna do the same thing once I have a kid.

Just have your wife buy the license and bps every year then put in for the draws when the youngster is of age then the mom transfers the tag that's if the mom doesn't hunt herself 😉

That gets expensive though cause mom has to have a license in order to put in so if you start now, that's ten years of buying licenses just to be able to buy points...

I tried to do this with my son when he was born. I put in with a paper app and actually had game and fish call to see if there was a mistake that I had made on the application (during the correction period). I told her no there's no mistake, I'm trying to build points for my son. I was purchasing a licence and everything on that app. She told me it didn't work that way and the child had to be at least 10 to do this. It was 5 or 6 years ago when this occurred.....

From the current regs on p 17:

To obtain a bonus point, the individual

must be 10 years old by the deadline date
as specified in the hunt permit-tag application
schedule on page 20.

I believe 10 is correct. I started my kids at 10 I recall and I have one son that has 10 points already and is going to have a super archery elk hunt in a couple years.

and if Mom transfers the tag she has to be on the hunt and I believe withing 100 yds of the shooter, check the regs for specifics tho

Not true if mom transfers the tag Dad can take him out without mom.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike
"So you're telling me I have to wait another 9 years and 5 months? Something sounds fishy here" :D

That picture is worth a million bucks worth of points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

You can put them in when there 9 as long as the have completed the hunter safety course and are 10 by opening morning of the hunt. Don't believe you can buy a bonus point tho unless maybe the are 10 by they time the first hunt starts.