Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

Broken Crappie Rod

Last year the tip of my Gloomis crappie rod snapped off somehow while riding shotgun on the dash of the truck. It took about an inch and a half off and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to repair it or if anyone that does this. I know they sell the kits to glue them back on, but I was wondering if there is something better out there that you guys are using.

1 1/2" shouldn't be too much loss. I assume you have the tip, heat it and take it off and see if it is close enough in size to use again. If it's not take it to a tackle shop and get the right size and some hot glue. Broken many on the creek, I carry spares with me.

Phx fishing supply fixes rods too.

I've broke 2 and my girlfriend broke one while "moving" it. Ship it back for a new rod. The only reason I'm not this time is because it's just a smashed line guide. $15 and an overnight stay at Phoenix Fishing Supply and she'll be as good as new!

How did the warranty go with gloomis with you guys that have used it. I looked on the website and it sounds like they wouldn't fix it. Cant seem to paste the paragraph about their warranties from their website but it looks like it asks for a receipt and has some other stipulations on there. Seems like a pretty strict warranty but I have always heard that Gloomis has a great warranty.

The last time I broke one, I just took it to Sportsmans and they shipped it out and charged me, but I think they stopped doing that. Call them, they'll let you known if it's covered and how to take care of everything.

Lol...just finished up doing this today...have a GLX bait caster that was repairable...25 bucks....2 IMX spinners....broke non repairable...$100 bucks each.

they use to have a great warranty, call them tell them what happened model of rod pay $40 bucks they send you brand new one, take it out put broken one in and send back and done, go figure since shimano bought them out it $100 bucks each now!

1 1/2" shouldn't be too much loss. I assume you have the tip, heat it and take it off and see if it is close enough in size to use again. If it's not take it to a tackle shop and get the right size and some hot glue. Broken many on the creek, I carry spares with me.

Guy, do this and you're done.

1 1/2" on the tip of a crappie rod is kind of a big deal. Warranty that bad boy- lots of times if youo call them first they'll tell you the real story and not what's on their warranty card or website.

Next time don't buy a "crappie" rod!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

Sounds like you got good info from people, keep us posted,