Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

Looking for bow hunters opinions

Ok so curious how many of you would or would not hunt with a snow camo bow. I have read that deer and big game cant see the camo or patterns anyways but Ive also read about deer using their white tail as a flag for danger. would be used for spot and stalk mainly. My main concern is how the animals would see or if it would matter.

yes I know the color doesn't matter but Im more concerned with the white of the bow and deer using their white tails to flag danger. I am curious if the white would draw more attention.

we don't get a ton of snow during the season, if you can i would stay with the earth tones the white may alert them during the fall hunts. only my opinion

Snow camo is fine,we all get caught up in modern tech, me included,I have killed more animals in my life wearing wranglers.a white t shirt and a cowboy hat

most of the time a white straw.it's amazing how much we spend on camo I wear it more to hide from other hunters, not the animals.

I would stay away from white if it was me. Why have anything that would possibly stick out if you are spot&stalking. If your not confident in it don't use it, confidence is a big tool when going spot&stalk.

This is my bow. Pretty shiny. My wife watched me stalk a buck this winter and she said all she could see was my orange fletchings. That was through my 15x56 Kaibabs at 300 yds. I stalked well into range of a number of deer with this bow this season. I don't think the shiny bow affected the outcome at all. I doubt a camo white one will either.

026_zps603f4298.jpg

It's fine, hunt with it. Deer and Elk are more attentive to motion and unnatural shapes more than they care about colors. As long as your silouhette is broken up and you can sit still, you are fine.

I don't think color matters but I understand your concern with whitetail being scared cause of the white. I think as long as your not flashing your bow around in the open you would be fine. But its always better to stay n the shade so you can get closer for a better shot.