Sign in to follow this  
muleydoc

New Mexico archery opportunities

I am new to the forum. I have never hunted coues deer before but I am interested in researching any potential draw areas for archery coues deer hunting in New Mexico. My understanding is that there are a couple of draw areas that offer very good trophy potential. If any one is interested in discussing there experiences or recommendations I would be interested in what you have to say. I appreciate any suggestions that you care to offer. Good luck with the hunting applications season.

Muleydoc

I know nothing about New Mexico, but if you fail to draw an archery permit there, keep in mind that it's an over-the-counter tag in Az. If you look through the photo galleries on the main website, you'll see some excellent animals taken here.

NM is a tough hunt with a rifle let alone a bow! Great potential for trophys, but coues can be very difficult to find. Like anywhere scouting is important, but from my experience it's extra important in NM.

The sheds in my Avatar picture are from NM and would score 120+.

Good luck!

I hunted the unit 27 rifle hunt with a friend and we both took good 8 point bucks.We went back there on a javelina hunt and

saw around 10 good bucks in the 1 day we were there.Our photos are on the N.Mexico photo site.Jeff-Dudley.