Sign in to follow this  
1stcoues75

2014 H.A.M Javelina

post-854-0-62325400-1392164348_thumb.jpg

Went out yesterday morning an got onto the same herd I killed my archery pig last month. This young sow stood still long enough for me to get a shot. Not the most ideal shot placement but at 4 yards it did the trick. Im tagged out for the year but hopefully will get my wife a chance at her first one next weekend.

• Like 1

Best of luck to you hopefully you will have a story and pictures at the end of that hunt.

Wicked shot placement! Nice pig. How many pigs left in your herd?

• Like 1

Thanks and there is 8 of them left hopefully after next week that number will be 7

I would mount that head exactly like that!

Post pics of the Broadhead/skull when you dissect that guy

+1

not going to waste any meat there!

how long did it take for it to expire?

oh, and congrats!

At 4 yds I bet it pile drove into the ground and it didn't get up. I watched a buddy do the same thing a few years ago. He watched the pigs as they were going single file through an opening and he waited for the biggest one and over led it. He said the force took it off it's feet and it didn't move.

Congrats on getting close. Did you stalk in on them or call them in?

I stalked in close but in all the brush it was hard to get a shot so started calling and they went nuts. The shot dropped her like a sack of potato, she kicked about 5 times an she was done. Arrow actaully tried to exit on her left side busted three ribs on the inside of her shoulder.

I will post pictures when im done boiling it out. That makes 2 very unique javelina skulls for me this year

Awesome and Congrats ! Cleaned a few skulls that have been shot in the head with a bow and they turn out pretty cool.

Cole

Congrats on your javi. Pretty cool to stalk into 4yds! Did you take that pig on the flats or hillside?

Yeah im pretty excited to see how it comes out, and they were actually feeding in a wash.