JesusSaves

Spot and Stalk Archery Mule Deer on last day

I was driving out on my last day of the hunt after a miserable, windy, cold morning glassing a canyon and I did not see a thing. On my way out I would stop and glass here and there. When I was almost back to the main road I saw a pull out on the dirt road that I had never noticed before. And I thought, kinda jokingly, "maybe God put this pull out here for me." So I stopped and lifted my 8's up and right through my windshield I could see a muley buck about 500 yards out feeding on a hill side. So I grabbed my bow and my binos and got out and surveyed the land for a stalk. I could see that there was a wash that would lead me right to him. So I made my way while continuing to check where he was and after about 10 minutes he bedded down right there in the open. So I snuck up and realized that If I climbed up the opposite finger from him I would be about 70-80 yards when I was in a shooting position. ( I practice out to 80 yards diligently and don't want to start any debates on long shots or have anyone post their opinion about it, start a different thread if you want to argue)... And thankfully the wind was pretty strong and loud so I could sneak in without him hearing me. I crawled on my hands and knees to a small bush at the top of the hill and lifted up enough to range him laying there and he was 77 yards across a wash. So I got positioned on my knees and grabbed my bow and raised myself up to were I could shoot from my knees and I drew back, and after holding for 10 plus seconds I could tell I was too shaky, so I let down, composed myself, said a quick prayer and drew again, thankfully he didn't notice me this whole time, and I shot him while he was laying down and quartering away. I was off target by about 4 inches and my arrow went through his back leg, in behind his ribs and out the opposite lung. (remember he was laying down, quartering away). The picture above is the exit hole made by the Spitfire Maxx broadhead. Thank God for meat in the freezer and the health and time to get out there and hunt!

post-9800-0-35172700-1392592948_thumb.jpeg

post-9800-0-74681500-1392592981_thumb.jpeg

post-9800-0-46650500-1392592998_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics and the great write up.I think god did put that pull out there for you!!!!!!

/>when did you stick him? today?
Really?

Great buck congrats!

• Like 2