joe hunter

Whats in your holster ?

I own 4 revolvers but I'm thinking about buying a semi auto. I've been looking at a lot of them but for the price I think I'm going to buy a S&W M&P 9mm full size . I was going to buy a M&P .45 but got to thinking I would spend a lot more on ammo If I just wanted to shoot stuff and target practice. The 9mm full size is a little big for ccw but I have a S&W 642 .38 for that. Anyone own a M&P full size ? Thoughts....

There are a lot of good pistols out there. It just makes sense to go try them out and see what feels good in your hand. I have an XDS .45 that I like a lot.

Sounds like the same thought process I had...and I ended up with a Glock 17 full-frame 9mm. I generally don't carry concealed, so the size has never been an issue for me. I like the relative price of 9mm ammo for plinking and teaching the kids to shoot, but a .45 is on my list for more stopping power. And just because I want one. :D

+1 Springfield XD40, but you gotta feel them out get what feels good to you.

G22. For plinking I put the 9mm barrel in. For camping I leave the 40 Cal barrel in and when the spirit moves me I put in the 357 Sig barrel.

I have one of the earlier M&P 9's, the only thing I don't like about it is the magazine disconnect. I don't think the newer ones have them anymore. Other than that it works just as good as my Glocks and is American made, hard to beat. Pat

I also like the kimber ultra carry but a little on the expensive side.

Ruger SR9C, S&W Shield in 9mm, but I always seem to carry either my Colt 1911 or my S&W 686 .357!

Thats a sweet hog leg! You have a buyer if your ever in the mood to sell that bad boy!

XDM 45 for me but I used to have a Ruger P89 and really liked it a lot.