OneTeam

UPDATE PAYMENT INFO!

What a horrible way of looking at the situation. If you don't have the money to afford it then screw you you can't hunt? Just because you may have the money For yourself or even for yourself and a few others doesn't mean everyone does. How about azgfd gets a system that works and no one has a problem? Instead of putting blame on some hunters that have nothing to do with azgfd's crappy system.

If you don't have the money to apply, how are you going to afford gas to get there? And if you don't have the money to apply, how did you apply in the first place?

I ask, since when I was in college, you couldn't apply for just a point. So I applied on paper with a money order for a first choice trophy bull hunt every year, praying that I wouldn't draw, knowing I couldn't afford the gas and food to go if I was drawn.

Or, like a responsible grown up you can have your accounts in order and the current system can work just fine. They offer a correction period for the unseen circumstances not so people can change their minds about what card to use. Credit cards are easy to get. Maybe have one just for draws??? The Game and Fish shouldn't have to babysit. The deadline is the deadline and if you aren't smart enough to fill out an online application apply on paper or don't apply at all. And don't wait til the last minute when you know the system is going to be overwhelmed. There is no reason to wait til the last minute, all it costs is an application fee. Dummies and procrastinators are the reason we experience delays every time. But, wait, there are no delays. Game and Fish has met their tags mailed by date every time. We've just become spoiled by finding out early and feeling like they owe us early results. Aren't we a sad lot...

• Like 5

I'm not saying literally having less than $135 for the tag. I'm saying if it's gonna cause a hardship having to come up with money up front who cares if people use a card to give them a little extra time to come up with the cash.

I have a question. Earlier it was stated that it was illegal for them to charge our credit/debit cards without "getting something for it in return". Then why is it ok for us to pay them the full permit price via check or money order on a paper app? Just wondering.

/>I have a question. Earlier it was stated that it was illegal for them to charge our credit/debit cards without "getting something for it in return". Then why is it ok for us to pay them the full permit price via check or money order on a paper app? Just wondering.

Good question!

they could charge us up front and just give us the tag we want though, that would make it so that we are getting something in return....... jk..jk..jk

Like a bunch of hungry wolverines in a cage together. Hope my card gets plundered with charges from the g and f.

• Like 1

/>I have a question. Earlier it was stated that it was illegal for them to charge our credit/debit cards without "getting something for it in return". Then why is it ok for us to pay them the full permit price via check or money order on a paper app? Just wondering.

It's a credit vs actual funds issue. Same reason You can't buy lotto tickets on credit, but can wih debit.

• Like 2

It would be interesting to see how many people would change their view if they were to get a email from their bank saying something like "We regret to inform you but your credit/debit card has been compromised and no more transaction will be excepted on that card however a new card is on it's way and you should receive it within the next 10 days. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you" ! See how fast you get on the game and fish site trying to enter another card just hoping it would still accept the change. Or you just may say "well maybe next year". Be honest with yourself when you respond.

• Like 1

These last couple draw cycles they started hitting cards the day after the credit update deadline. I assume this is so there aren't likely to be any changes. Even then, if drawn and there is something wrong with your card they call and give you a chance to fix it (or so I've read on CWT so it must be true ;)). Oh well, when it happens it happens. Fingers crossed. I hope you all get drawn except for the people who put in for the same units as me ;) Good luck.

/>Even then, if drawn and there is something wrong with your card they call and give you a chance to fix it (or so I've read on CWT so it must be true ;)).

Josh, it has been an item of discussion at commission meetings and i believe it may have even been listed in the regs.

/>

/>Even then, if drawn and there is something wrong with your card they call and give you a chance to fix it (or so I've read on CWT so it must be true ;)).

Josh, it has been an item of discussion at commission meetings and i believe it may have even been listed in the regs.

Found it. Page 2 under important information for 2014.

if you apply by debit, credit, money order, it shouldn't matter. everyone on here knows a year in advance that when the time to put in for the draw is. I don't really see an excuse for not having the money up front. If you save around $3 a week in a coffee can then you'll be set. It's cheaper than feeding a starving kid in New Guinea.

• Like 4