Sign in to follow this  
520HUNT

#30 & #31

I figured since a few of you were mad this is being drawn out on this forum, we might as well get this over with now. And since it is only a matter of time. We might as well start talking about the 30th and 31st sheep that were just killed by lions.

Who is pissed that all of the sheep re introduced in the Catalina's have died now?

I believe it is very sad that all 31 sheep plus their lambs have been sacrificed so the department could "experiment" with our states most prized big game animal. Although it was most likely well intentioned, it was not thought out very well. Hopefully we can learn from this loss of hunting opportunity and move on with the knowledge that we can't go to bed with the enviros and win.

Maybe if we discuss this now, we can come up with a defense for our department and us as hunters before we are actually get crucified in a few months when the inevitable happens.

• Like 2

I could actually agree with this... maybe we need to present Game and Fish a list of recommendations to consider before next release. Now if they listen that is a different story. Maybe go back and look at what worked in past sheep releases that went well, and try to duplicate. I have a feeling that the enviros weren't involved, and a large population center didn't surround the release areas that have succeeded. At this point I'm just saddened as a hunter who would love to draw a sheep tag, at the loss of hunting opportunity that these dead sheep represent.

Hopefully we as hunters can rebuild our reputations after this nightmare, and the department can live and learn from this mistake.

• Like 5

I don't know how the game commission in Arizona works, but in New Mexico they are appointed by the Governor. I don't trust that process any further than I can throw a bull by the tail. The people who are most affected by the decisions should have some say about who is on the game commission. Otherwise its politics as usual, and little chance that they will learn anything from past mistakes.