justanotherpunk

Shooting Contest

If I didn't piss everyone off earlier. I'll try again.

What do you think it would take to get all the "shooters" from this site together to have a day of harmless fun putting holes in paper.

Does the paper go from 100 yards to 200 yards in 4-5 seconds or so? Not to say shooting a running animal is ok, but there is a differnce from a target compared to an animal.

Casey, how do you measure a .185 inch group? Not bashing, just curious? Even if you put five bullets through the same hole with a .270 that hole is going to measure .277 inches across? When you measure groups don't you measure from the outside edge of the two furthest holes?

TAM- I am not sure if this is how Casey does it, but at the one shooting competition that I went to they measured to the outside edge and then subtracted the diameter of the bullet. So in this case it would have been .454" from outside edge to outside edge minus .270" = .184" group.

You can count me out of the shooting competition, I only like to compete with myself. That way I always win! ;)

TAM- I am not sure if this is how Casey does it, but at the one shooting competition that I went to they measured to the outside edge and then subtracted the diameter of the bullet. So in this case it would have been .454" from outside edge to outside edge minus .270" = .184" group.

You can count me out of the shooting competition, I only like to compete with myself. That way I always win! ;)

My understanding of it was the group was measured from the aiming point to the centerline of the furthest hole.

Maybe the bowhunters could arrange something too. I'd even be willing to give you hoyt guys a handicap! :P

missedagain, that makes perfect sense. It actually works to my benefit as well, being that I've never given myself the add back. Thanks.

My 300WSM gives consistent .308" groups measured outside to outside, at 400 yards

But then again, that is with one shot groups to make me feel happy ;)