Sign in to follow this  
awatson

Bank Card Cancelled!!

I was just notified that the bank card that I used for the draw was cancelled due to fraudulent activity, and another was issued. Totally beyond my control.

Since the draw has not happened yet, anyone know if I can call G&F and give them a different card number over the phone?

I realize the period to do that online ended a while back.

I would raise holly he11 if they did not let you. They delayed the deadline due to no fault of their own, so They should allow you to change cards due to no fault of your own

They need to look at allowing us to create a user account with an alternate card just to cover this stuff. Most people have a couple of credit and/or debit cards. It would also do away with reentering the same info repeatedly when applying for multiple species.

I don't know what bank you use but I would contact them to see if they can cover expenses from G&F. I recently had a similar issue and the bank was pretty gracious working with me.

Another way to avoid this is put in with paper. The online system is so convenient but this is the kind of stuff that gets thrown into the works and screws everything up. I have several friends that won't apply any other way but the old fashioned way.

That has happened to me. Not right before the draw but non the less if i were you I would be on their doorstep Monday morning to fix it. I wouldn't trust a phone call. Not sure what your odds are of the draw but you don't want to lose your loyalty point and if your card is rejected you will.

You could probably fix that and get it reinstated after proving what happened but if at all possible i would see them face to face.

Good luck buddy. both with that and the draw. I doubt if they will draw anything over the weekend so you still have time if you get there ASAP

According to the regs you should be notified if you are drawn and there is a card problem. They will try for a number of times in a certain tume period to contact you. I would still try to contact g&f but if not be sure to answer phone if they try to call you.

They need to look at allowing us to create a user account with an alternate card just to cover this stuff. Most people have a couple of credit and/or debit cards. It would also do away with reentering the same info repeatedly when applying for multiple species.

I don't know what bank you use but I would contact them to see if they can cover expenses from G&F. I recently had a similar issue and the bank was pretty gracious working with me.

Another way to avoid this is put in with paper. The online system is so convenient but this is the kind of stuff that gets thrown into the works and screws everything up. I have several friends that won't apply any other way but the old fashioned way.

i agree with the old fashion way. Once your check is cashed nothing can happen to screw it up. I always send in checks

I never trusted the family account with checks , so I bought money orders to know I was golden. In todays world the paper app. Is going to be obsolete so I use a wal- mart pre- paid money card and have had no issues at all. And ihate wal-mart! But it works.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear this. I was bummed; thinking we'd get rejected. I've done paper apps forever and decided to get with the program and do it online.

Never in my life had a card compromised in any way, but the bank caught it immediately. It could've been a lot more inconvenient if they hadn't.

If one day it happens to go entirely online with no paper apps and money orders accepted, I will be doing the Walmart money card or equivelant like 5guyshunting does. It's the same theory as a money order and still allows you to save for it before the draw. Until then, I'll be buying my money ordes at the circle K on speedway on my way to g&f in Tucson like I have been for the past 10 years.

• Like 1

I was stuburn , but I decided you got to go with the flow. And thats the the best way I have found with no questions.

Is this Cabelas? I noticed when I called for the 15 time, it now gives an option o1 for those that got notified of fraudulent charges. Not a good sign. The guy assured me it was almost all attributed to an area outside Az.

Cabelas wells fargo cards seem to be a favorite for theft.