Sign in to follow this  
huntwithme2

270 wsm

I've been fooling around with handloads for my lft handed tikka in 270 wsm. I;ve come up with a really good 140 accubound round. I did noticed that nosler makes a 110 grn accubound for the 270 wsm. with rl-19 it produces 3635 fps. that sounds like a good antelope, deer bullet. has anyone used this bullet hunting. it has a b.c. of .370 and s.d. of 205.. that's faster than my 257 weatherby with the same bullet

thanks for any info

larry

I think that bullet was designed for the 6.8 spc. You might want to shoot it into some water jugs to see how it performs at that velocity.

Have not used either the bullet or the caliber, but have used the Barnes 110 gr. TTSX (b.c 0.377) in my LH Tikka T3 Lite in .270 Win. Loaded to 3400 fps using Re17, it is fast and flat shooting to 600 yds. (longest distance at which I have used it, checking zero during F-Class). I killed a mule deer buck with this load, held for 300 yds. and hit right where I aimed, though deer was actually at 250. Deer took a leap and turned a sumersault and that was that.

I have recently started using H4350. Accuracy is better, but I am not able to get quite to 3400 with safe pressure. That is ok, much prefer consistent accuracy.

Hope that helps.

forepaw