CRB

Mikes first coues

post-861-1166500851_thumb.jpg

post-861-1166500784_thumb.jpg

post-861-1166500629_thumb.jpg

A good friend of mine Mike was lucky enough to draw December whitetail unit 31. I went with Mike today to help out. We went to one of my places in hopes of finding a good buck right away as soon as we could see we glassed up a 2x3 but he was not we were hoping for. We also saw many does that morning with no rutting activity to be seen yet. Today the weather was also horrible. The wind just wouldn't quit. After hiking for most of the morning we looked at the clock and it was about noon. Mike decided that it was time for us to take a break so we we did. We sat and ate a snack and BS'd for a bit then I started glassing around and about 330 Yds across the canyon I noticed the rear end of a deer under a juniper. After telling Mike he looked and said he thought it was a buck so I set up My Swaro 20x60 spotter to get a really good look. As soon as I looked through the scope I could see a good 3x3 rack with one busted eyegaurd. After Mike looked through the scope he decided that buck was going to be his first coues deer. I watched through my scope as he laid the deer down in his bed. He just dropped his head never even a flinch! He had no idea what hit him but Mike did. His 7Mag cut his fore head wide open from the recoil. I know it had to hurt but I just couldn't stop laughing.

By the way this deer had a spotted chest and white hair above his hoof. It was kind of crazy looking

Congratulations on a very fine buck gentlemen and the short story and pictures were great - "Thanks"!

P.S. Pantera Rocks :lol:

another view

post-861-1166501595_thumb.jpg

Congrats. Thats a nice looking 3x3.

hey nice buck. crb in that second picture are your bipod legs not working . we killed a buck in 31 nov. hunt and it was spotted just like you described.

one leg was bent or something it was mikes gun I didnt even notice that till i read your post