Xnt

How to bring about a consistent draw result release date

Some on here seem like they're foaming at the mouth, continually hitting refresh or redial in order to pester and clog AZGFD's website to try to be the first to find out when results will be posted. Not sure how many of you would like dealing with such people at your place of work but my guess is not many.

They say results will be available by April 18th and we know it is usually a few days sooner than that. My guess is that if people keep harassing them then they will get fed up and won't release the results until the posted date.

Even though it looks as though I drew a tag, I'm fine waiting for the results. I don't need to know RIGHT NOW. After waiting several years to pick up a good tag it seems a bit manic and spastic to be jumping up and down about getting info about your tag a few days earlier.

Just my $0.02.

• Like 5

I personally have made it a game with my hunting buddies to see who can find out first so I am one of those who clog up the lines. I don't really care how long it takes for azgfd to post up the results. The only thing that matters is I beat my buddies to the punch and recieve my free beers. :D

TJ

• Like 5

I personally have made it a game with my hunting buddies to see who can find out first so I am one of those who clog up the lines. I don't really care how long it takes for azgfd to post up the results. The only thing that matters is I beat my buddies to the punch and recieve my free beers. :D

TJ

And you get drawn every year TJ. Congrats on the tag by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ

And you get drawn every year TJ. Congrats on the tag by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! :)

TJ

They won't be out later than the 18th. They will come out sooner - try and have fun with the anticipation. It's like a kid waiting for Christmas... When else do we get to feel like this as adults? Frankly, I wish they would hit all the cards up front and give refunds to those that are unsuccessful. It would limit the number of non-res applicants a little bit, but mainly we wouldn't know if we were drawn at all till the results were up - Those are the days of anticipation I really miss.

• Like 3

I dont think we would be like we are if G&F would have never put out the results early all these yrs. Now we have grown to expect the results early.

Exactly. This is entitlement mentality that belongs on the side of the earth worshiping, flag burning liberals. We're better than that.

They won't be out later than the 18th. They will come out sooner - try and have fun with the anticipation. It's like a kid waiting for Christmas... When else do we get to feel like this as adults? Frankly, I wish they would hit all the cards up front and give refunds to those that are unsuccessful. It would limit the number of non-res applicants a little bit, but mainly we wouldn't know if we were drawn at all till the results were up - Those are the days of anticipation I really miss.

I think its great to have that Christmasey, child-like excitement... amongst ourselves. I don't see why more than one thread of "guess the date" needs to get going. I think it gets over the top obnoxious when there are three or four threads going around people posting just for the sake of posting. Also, I think it only hurts us to have rank-and-file G&F employees exasperated with answering our phone calls and emails. get off their balls, people.

NO, I am not a G&F employee.

• Like 5

Although I did use a credit card (succes in draw) it is I my opinion that they should do away with it all together . I know a lot of people who say they don't have the money to put in. But they do because if a credit card . How I see it is I don't care how broke I was I'm putting in! If we all had to pay first it would eliminate so many who can take it or leave it. Allowing better chances for us who would put in no matter the cost. We all have seen guys out there who pretty much live in camp! Who drive out 7 am in a pickup for a few hours and return. If we all had to pay up front it would be my guess we'd see a lot less of those tag wasters. One way to play one date to get the news. Keep it simple and the headaches will go away. When they raised the price a lot of people were mad. Especially out if staters. But I like it. Less people put in who are "on the fence ". Because as I said before, no matter the cost I'm putting in. Because the experience is priceless. To some it's not.

There are no shortage of people putting in.I see the number of people applying grow exponentially.

• Like 1

Christmasy Feelings? At least I know when Christmas is every year

Not meaning to derail the thread but why is it a wasted tag if a guy just wants to hunt a few hours in the morning. its his tag and he can use it how he sees fit. I'm not sure of the numbers but the amount of applicants rises each year whether its online apps or paper apps.

• Like 2

Because there's guys who have hunting season all year long. That put in extended amounts of time and money to achieve something that these days is hard to come by. I once saw a guy kill a 2 point mule deer in the arizona strip first day. To me it's almost disturbing to see that. Ya I get it , his tag his choice. But if we have to drive our happy a**** down there to put in, it would put people out there who know the worth it. I just believe that most of us who are lucky enough to get that tag find it unreal to see someone getting the same tag to go out and "camp".

I'd still like to see an explanation or citation of the law that disallows charging up front...maybe I missed it on here or misunderstood, but that's been my understanding that it's somehow against the law. Other states certainly are able to charge up front and refund later.