Xnt

How to bring about a consistent draw result release date

I do understand you point Sinwagon. But to each his own. I too have seen a guy shoot a 2point on the second day on the strip and he lived in Fredonia. It was his choice, he was happy. So be it.

• Like 1

I just don't care for the giving applicants a date to have accounts up to date then call and email them multiple times to correct it when they draw with insuficent funds.That's what I can't understand. IMO it gets more incompetent people in the woods with us

• Like 1

/>Because there's guys who have hunting season all year long. That put in extended amounts of time and money to achieve something that these days is hard to come by. I once saw a guy kill a 2 point mule deer in the arizona strip first day. To me it's almost disturbing to see that. Ya I get it , his tag his choice. But if we have to drive our happy a**** down there to put in, it would put people out there who know the worth it. I just believe that most of us who are lucky enough to get that tag find it unreal to see someone getting the same tag to go out and "camp".

And when you start paying for their hunt you can feel disturbed all you want till then no need to stress it lol

• Like 6

Xn't, let the kids have fun. Personally I wish they whould stick to 1 date . Most States do. If it bothers You ,do like I do and don't read all the posts. Congrats on Your tag. Hope You don't shoot a spike.........BOB!

/>Because there's guys who have hunting season all year long. That put in extended amounts of time and money to achieve something that these days is hard to come by. I once saw a guy kill a 2 point mule deer in the arizona strip first day. To me it's almost disturbing to see that. Ya I get it , his tag his choice. But if we have to drive our happy a**** down there to put in, it would put people out there who know the worth it. I just believe that most of us who are lucky enough to get that tag find it unreal to see someone getting the same tag to go out and "camp".

Not to be a butt but if you grade your hunt by the size of your animal that is extremely sad to me. Would I love to kill a giant if I had a 9 10 or another great units tag...... sure but if it worked out and I shot a raghorn I would be just as happy. I love the hunt just as much as I love to spend time in camp, cutting firewood for camp playing cards or spending a few hours in the afternoon fishing at a near by lake with be it with my wife and two little girls or my hunting partners. To me 50% of the hunt is the comrade of your buddy's screwing off or telling jokes or hunting stories or maybe sipping on a beer or nice cocktail telling everyone about your adventures that day......... So just remember that guy that shot that 2 point on the hallowed "strip" probably loved....... and has that story to tell his kids or grandkids. So please don't put people down for shooting something small because it may be small to you but that is a Trophy to them....... that is all

• Like 13

A few yrs back my dad drew unit 1 late rifle bull. We've lived in eagar all our lives and killed a ton of bulls out of the unit.But about 6 yrs ago he had a kidney an pancreas transplant an this was the first time he was able to get back out there healthy and happy and hunt with his sons. I was terrified for the first thing with horns. Just so happened we knew where a 360 bull was an luckily he showed up before a spike. Point is my dad didn't care spike or 400" that's not what it was about so don't judge anybody's definition of a hunt or trophy.

• Like 8

I like the way New Mexico does it all the money up front and they give you a date when the results come out and they always come out on that date. They even email you to tell you there out. As far as what people shoot with there tag that is totally up to them I would never judge them on the size of there animal. Me personally I like to see them grow up and get big but that's my opinion.

Oh make no mistake about it if it's the last day anything legal is going in the ice chest. Thing is the guy in the strip was very upset with himself. I never take away the joy someone gets from killing catching anything. And I too am all about the whole experience of the stories around the fire. Maybe to me I just find it crazy to see a guy head out to hunt at 10 am after sleeping in. Hey it's every ones right to go and hunt as they wish. But my whole point in this topic was they need to make it one way or the highway. I used a card the first time this year because I wanted to know early . But after being scared to death something would go wrong as it did for so many, it will be my first and last. Although I knew the risk and wouldn't of cried if I got the shaft. However it really doesn't matter what we think as the game and fish is a machine and our input is irrelevant. It's a cash cow. I read about all they supposedly do. I am sure we can all remember how many game catchments there use to be. Now if it's not in elk country you best build your own. We all have our opinions. Unfortunately those opinions only matter to us. I've never seen them ask us how it should be improved. I haven't yet checked the g&f to see what unit I'm drawn in. I just check the forums. Ill know here much faster when results are out . :). It's either 10 or 7 west archery. And trust me. Last day if a spike walks out he's getting it. The last day though.

Xn't, let the kids have fun. Personally I wish they whould stick to 1 date . Most States do. If it bothers You ,do like I do and don't read all the posts. Congrats on Your tag. Hope You don't shoot a spike.........BOB!

your right they should, april 18th like the book says, anything earlier is a gift but we bitch. wyoming makes you wait untill july 1st, period and they take all your money up front. relax

/>

Because there's guys who have hunting season all year long. That put in extended amounts of time and money to achieve something that these days is hard to come by. I once saw a guy kill a 2 point mule deer in the arizona strip first day. To me it's almost disturbing to see that. Ya I get it , his tag his choice. But if we have to drive our happy a**** down there to put in, it would put people out there who know the worth it. I just believe that most of us who are lucky enough to get that tag find it unreal to see someone getting the same tag to go out and "camp".

Not to be a butt but if you grade your hunt by the size of your animal that is extremely sad to me. Would I love to kill a giant if I had a 9 10 or another great units tag...... sure but if it worked out and I shot a raghorn I would be just as happy. I love the hunt just as much as I love to spend time in camp, cutting firewood for camp playing cards or spending a few hours in the afternoon fishing at a near by lake with be it with my wife and two little girls or my hunting partners. To me 50% of the hunt is the comrade of your buddy's screwing off or telling jokes or hunting stories or maybe sipping on a beer or nice cocktail telling everyone about your adventures that day......... So just remember that guy that shot that 2 point on the hallowed "strip" probably loved....... and has that story to tell his kids or grandkids. So please don't put people down for shooting something small because it may be small to you but that is a Trophy to them....... that is all

amen brother.

The size of breast don't make the woman

The bigger you are dont make you a man

And the size of the rack doesn't make the trophy

It's all about the experience

• Like 2

I dont think we would be like we are if G&F would have never put out the results early all these yrs. Now we have grown to expect the results early.

Exactly. This is entitlement mentality that belongs on the side of the earth worshiping, flag burning liberals. We're better than that.

I can careless when the results come out. I know I have a tag for 1 of 2 units. I would never call G&F and ask when the results will be out and I feel people that do call are wasting their time, they will never get a strait answer.

So when do you think the results will be out?

Thanks! Definitely not shooting a spike. Maybe on the last evening. Way too much scouting to do!

I haven't read all the posts. I skipped most of them and find myself spending less time on here the longer it goes on. If I wanted to listen to non-stop, pointless bulls*t, I would call my girlfriend.

I dont think we would be like we are if G&F would have never put out the results early all these yrs. Now we have grown to expect the results early.

Exactly. This is entitlement mentality that belongs on the side of the earth worshiping, flag burning liberals. We're better than that.

I can careless when the results come out. I know I have a tag for 1 of 2 units. I would never call G&F and ask when the results will be out and I feel people that do call are wasting their time, they will never get a strait answer.

So when do you think the results will be out?

They aren't just wasting their own time, they're wasting G&Fs time by calling them. Then they're wasting the time of the next hunter who calls in with a legitimate question as the G&F rolls their eyes and thinks to themselves "great, another toolbag elk hunter... what does this one want?"

I think I would be concerned if I don't hear of results by April 18th, so that is my guess. Arizona already has the 2nd earliest drawing and results in the west, I'll find out in good time where my 370" dreams will be pursued.

So game n fish is dealing with over 800 bad credit cards that were drawn for a tag. There giving 3 attempted phone calls to those people before calling the next in line. All this because the Target situation. I'd like to see it go back to the old paper apps with money up front.

• Like 1

Although I did use a credit card (succes in draw) it is I my opinion that they should do away with it all together . I know a lot of people who say they don't have the money to put in. But they do because if a credit card . How I see it is I don't care how broke I was I'm putting in! If we all had to pay first it would eliminate so many who can take it or leave it. Allowing better chances for us who would put in no matter the cost. We all have seen guys out there who pretty much live in camp! Who drive out 7 am in a pickup for a few hours and return. If we all had to pay up front it would be my guess we'd see a lot less of those tag wasters. One way to play one date to get the news. Keep it simple and the headaches will go away. When they raised the price a lot of people were mad. Especially out if staters. But I like it. Less people put in who are "on the fence ". Because as I said before, no matter the cost I'm putting in. Because the experience is priceless. To some it's not.

+1