Xnt

How to bring about a consistent draw result release date

/>So game n fish is dealing with over 800 bad credit cards that were drawn for a tag. There giving 3 attempted phone calls to those people before calling the next in line. All this because the Target situation. I'd like to see it go back to the old paper apps with money up front.

Exactly, and then don't post results at all or set a date and post results then. This pissing and moaning is getting old.

I do believe we would have had the results out by now if the g&f hadn't taken the time to go the extra mile to give a lot of applicants the benefit of the doubt in trying to make it right for them. I have mixed emotions but feel those applicants who had credit card problems because of no fault of their own do deserve a chance to have it corrected. Some of you don't think they deserve a chance and others will forever thank the g&f for their efforts.

I commend the azgfd for their relentless effort in trying to do the right thing even at the expense of us wanting to know our results early. :)

TJ

• Like 7

Because there's guys who have hunting season all year long. That put in extended amounts of time and money to achieve something that these days is hard to come by. I once saw a guy kill a 2 point mule deer in the arizona strip first day. To me it's almost disturbing to see that. Ya I get it , his tag his choice. But if we have to drive our happy a**** down there to put in, it would put people out there who know the worth it. I just believe that most of us who are lucky enough to get that tag find it unreal to see someone getting the same tag to go out and "camp".

I like seeing the guys sitting in camp or shooting two points or spikes. This makes for fewer people in the field and the bigger animals are still out there.

• Like 1

cash up front is the way to go.

• Like 1

I'll say it. Anyone who says cash up front only is the way to go is flat out selfish. They don't dislike the ease of the current method. They simply know that fewer people will put in if they have to pony up the cash first.

The current way works. Sure we don't like waiting for results when we know we've been drawn. BUT, the AZGFD has never missed the mail out deadline. I think calling everyone with a rejected card is a waste of effort. There was a correction deadline that was well known. They should run the draw the day of the correction deadline and charge all of the cards as soon as the deadline passes. If you failed to update payment by the deadline you don't get drawn. However, you already paid the application fee so you should get a bonus point and keep your loyalty.

When they charge your card they know what you drew so indicate the unit in the charge description. Can't be that difficult. The whole system is automated by the time the draw happens. They aren't sitting there manually entering/charging cards.

So there it is. The current system works. Sure, it could be streamlined/smoothed but it hasn't failed.

• Like 4

The whole system is automated by the time the draw happens. They aren't sitting there manually entering/charging cards.

Josh, during the March Commission meeting the Department noted that the contract with the vendor that does all of the automated credit card processing for ALL state agencies was due to expire on March 26th. It wasn't explicitly said, but it seemed to be implied that they were shooting to finish up the draw before that date so that they wouldn't have any issues. Obviously, they had problems running the actual draw, which (and this is a huge guess on my part) means that they weren't actually able to run everything before the contract expired. That being the case, I wouldn't doubt it if the longer than usual delay can be attributed to the fact that they are, in fact, having to manually run some cards. That's why some of the rumors about guys getting calls from the Department as late as last week may actually be true.

At the March meeting, the guy who reported from the Department said something to the effect of "after the contract expires on March 26, we do not have any system in place for running cards for the draw." He said that they system they were developing for the deer draw should be ready in time for that draw, but that it currently has some serious issues. When the March minutes are available I'm going to look back to see exactly what was recorded.

Mr. Smith - Then count me in the selfish crew.

I think that paying up front is better, and one of the reasons is that there is less people that apply. I think there are very very few people that "cant" afford to front the cost of the license for a couple months. I mean its all about priorities. To be honest, and maybe this comes across as harsh, but if you cant afford to front the cost of a resident elk tag, then you really shouldn't be applying. You should be more focused on putting food on the table for your family. Hunting is not a cheap "hobby" and the cost of the tag is one of the cheapest things about the hunt,

What it does avoid, is people applying their mom's, dad's, aunt's cousin's etc and fronting all that money. Its real easy to build up points for family members/friends that don't hunt when you don't have to front any money. When mom gets up to 8 point, you apply with her and get an archery elk tag.

• Like 1

Skiing is expensive too, it's like 1000 dollars a day. You never hear kids in the inner city going to Breckenridge.