sandman

Best archery friendly bighorn units

Just curious what units you guys think an archery hunter stands a good chance in. When I draw a tag I really want to try it with my bow but don't want to draw in an area where the terrain limits me to a rifle. Thanks

It seems every year a ram gets taken in 22 with a bow. Problem is you need max pts. 6a for a rocky can be bowhunter friendly and I've also been told 44bn although I've never stepped foot in it. One thing I learned last year on my sheep hunt is that sheep are a curious animal and more times than not you can get fairly close.

Pretty much any sheep unit is doable with a bow. There are plenty of features in sheep country to use for stalking. Noisy walking conditions are a problem but you can use stalking booties of various types when you are closing in. Sheep generally are not wired as tight as deer or antelope. Just draw a tag and have fun!!

My sheep is from 44bn I wish I would have done it with a bow these sheep are used to the snow birds on many scouting trips I walked right up to rams there is a art to it you need to angle sideways and work your way to them picking up rocks along the way I believe mine would have been top 3 in the state with a bow 180 1/8