Sign in to follow this  
Elkaddict

Gobbling report..what are you hearing?

Heard 1 gobbler yesterday morning at 7am and 2 this morning from 8 to 9 am. Two different areas in 5A. Haven't had any luck with owl calls before sunup. Yesterday's gobbler responded to a slate call, I moved on and tried to locate some more with no luck. I heard the first one this morning when I was checking a waterhole, 8:15AM. Then the second was a mile from that one and he answered a slate call, 8:45AM.

What is everyone else experiencing?

Love hearing Gobblers!

They have been gobbleing hard since Mid January. Not much change. Have seen a few gobblers off by them selves latley.

Iv'e always yelped as a locater, 22-23 years.My phylosaphy is wouldn't You rather hear a womans voice versus some one who will eat You or kill You? They havn't allways came ,but at least You knew where they were. Good luck all. .......BOB!

Went out locating Tuesday thru Saturday before sunup each morning in 5A. Driving roads and listening and owl hooting with my voice. Heard at least 1 gobbler each day except Saturday , very windy. After sunup I would use primarily a slate call. For all the traveling I did I think I should have heard more birds. I was looking at new areas each day and never went back to where I heard the ones I did.

What I am trying to say is I am not real impressed with my success on finding birds. Any suggestions?

going nuts this morning out by washington park in 22

Where is Washington park? I plan to go walk Hardscrabble this weekend and have a listen.

on control rd to the left after wispering pines, hosten mesa , past the third crossing

/>Got out this morning at 4:00, heard absolutely zero! Very frustrating!

That is discouraging, I hope they turn on by Friday morning. Will you still be up there this weekend?

Turkeys

/>

Got out this morning at 4:00, heard absolutely zero! Very frustrating!

That is discouraging, I hope they turn on by Friday morning. Will you still be up there this weekend?

Yep, gotta friend and his kid coming up. Hopefully one of the other gobblers will be cooperative. I think there are somewhere between 5 to10 toms in 5A.

/>

/>

Got out this morning at 4:00, heard absolutely zero! Very frustrating!

Yep, gotta friend and his kid coming up. Hopefully one of the other gobblers will be cooperative. I think there are somewhere between 5 to10 toms in 5A.

Have you looked in 5B at all? There's a couple roads we usually hit over there during the jr hunt but I would rather be in 5a.

located 9 new gobblers in 23 on saturday morning, all quit gobbling by the time they hit the ground. but i didnt call at all as they were already going nuts, and didnt want to educate them for my hunt, lucky for me some a-hole was walking past my camp before light and felt the need to talk as loud as possible when he was 10 ft away. he then told me he had only heard one bird that morning pointing a different direction than i had heard any of the birds. maybe he was hoping i hadnt heard any yet and was trying to scare the birds already gobbling. man it took all my restraint to not pop him in the mouth for almost yelling the whole time.

• Like 1