Sign in to follow this  
SwampMafia

UU Bar Ranch elk hunt

My father and I ended up booking with the uu bar ranch in nm for October 1-5 rifle season fully guided. It's the same ranch that lee and Tiffany from the outdoor Chnl hunt every year. Any advice on do's dont's, what type of bull I should hold out for, what I should expect to see, or anything I should know about. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

post-12075-0-89817600-1397178863.jpg

My father and I ended up booking with the uu bar ranch in nm for October 1-5 rifle season fully guided. It's the same ranch that lee and Tiffany from the outdoor Chnl hunt every year. Any advice on do's dont's, what type of bull I should hold out for, what I should expect to see, or anything I should know about. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

You should be asking your outfitter or the the ranch owner these questions before you book?

• Like 1

You should be asking your outfitter or the the ranch owner these questions before you book?

I got most their opinion on these things but outfitters occasionally tend to stretch the truth so I want everyone's opinions. The booking was between my father and them so I had no say anyways. Just curios.

Advice ? No, no I won't go there. Just too many jokes come to mind.

Good luck, I hope you tag a monster.

• Like 1

SwampMafia

Are you doing the management hunt or the trophy hunt? The UUBar offers two different type hunts.Bulls may be still bugling depending on if its a early or late rut. Beautiful country if you are hunting up on the top. Lee and Tiffany hunted on the UUBAR side.

I'm hunting on the uu bar side same as lee and tiff, with the option of the cs angel fire side. And it's the management bull but if a 350+ bull walks out I'm going to upgrade and shoot that.

Are you hunting the UUBAR side or the CS side? I thought that they moved the all the hunting over to the CS Angel Fire side but I could be wrong.
SwampMafia

Are you doing the management hunt or the trophy hunt? The UUBar offers two different type hunts.Bulls may be still bugling depending on if its a early or late rut. Beautiful country if you are hunting up on the top. Lee and Tiffany hunted on the UUBAR side.

Again I thought the UUBar moved the hunts to the CS side but that said, there are plenty of management bulls 5x5's in that area. Some migrate in from the North thru Angel Fire and move to the CS, UUBAR, Filmont boy scout land or across to the VPR.

Genetics aren't as good as they they are in the Gila so 350's are very very hard to find. Don't know what the ranch told you about size but some tend to over promise. If you hunt up on top you will be at about 10,000 ft.across from the ski lifts. It's beautiful country and you will see a lot of elk.

Again I thought the UUBar moved the hunts to the CS side but that said, there are plenty of management bulls 5x5's in that area. Some migrate in from the North thru Angel Fire and move to the CS, UUBAR, Filmont boy scout land or across to the VPR.

Genetics aren't as good as they they are in the Gila so 350's are very very hard to find. Don't know what the ranch told you about size but some tend to over promise. If you hunt up on top you will be at about 10,000 ft.across from the ski lifts. It's beautiful country and you will see a lot of elk.

The uu bar leased the cs and offers some hunts there but the majority of hunts are on their origional deeded property in 55b, 54, and 48. And they had a 400 bull go down This year so that's why I included the possible upgrade. Thanks for your info though I'm lookin forward to it!