makaio333

Pros and Cons of living in Globe

Well I recently took a job in Globe and thought I would commute from the Gila Valley. After some thought the wife and I are entertaining the idea of just moving to Globe. I know nothing about Globe and to be honest Globe/Miami has just been the "town" we drive through to go to the Valley or Payson or to the lake. I know there is a ton of outdoor stuff that will be beneficial for me :D but I have two little ones and a wife that is willing to move so I don't have an 1 hr commute. Anyways, for those of you that live or have lived or even commute to Globe, what are the pros and cons of living in Globe and if you commute where do you commute from and how is the commute? If you know where a place to rent/sale is suitable for a small family please let me know and if there are areas you recommend living in the Globe area please also let me know. I have about 10 weeks of training I have to be in before I start work so I've got a couple months. I didn't find to much info on the internet so I thought why not ask on here and get some good honest feedback from the CWT community. Thanks in advanced!

I grew up in Globe, I wish my wife would want to move back but not happening.

Pros:

Close to lakes, rivers, great coues hunting.

Best Mexican food on the planet.

Cons:

Small town, not much for wife and kids to do.

Tweekers robbing people.

Feel free to PM for any specific questions you may have.

Where are you going to work at?

• Like 2

The Mexican food place in Globe on the East side of the road north of downtown is enough to make Me do it. Stop there every year for 30 years coming back from hunting in New Mex. or 31,32. IL'L remember the name after I go to bed. dang I'M hungry......Good luck.....BOB! (El Rey)

• Like 1

Redman i've got a couple kids but too young for school and it will be few years before my oldest starts. Anyone out there commute from San Tan Valley or the east valley everyday to globe?

It would be tough to beat the MX food this guy has in Safford. I ate at Casa Manana on Saturday and it was the best I have had in awhile.

We love living in Globe....as you mentioned it is close to lots of great hunting/camping/fishing. If your family likes to camp, it will be easy to get out for a quick overnight or weekend.

There are lots of places to buy or rent, just do a google search for Globe AZ real estate and you can check out lots of houses. There is a really cute one for sale by owner that I saw the other day. Not a large house, but looked nice and had nice yard. I can get that phone number for you if you like. Depends on what you are looking for.

The Globe Arts Center is nice and has some nice events throughout the year. The community center is nice with parks and a pool for the kids out by Besh Ba Gowah archaeological park. In addition to great Mexican food, Globe is known for great antiques stores...maybe your wife would like that.

We enjoy Globe, but it's getting more crowded all the time. With more people comes more traffic, more development, and more crime. Luckily we are surrounded by public land, so it's easy to get out to enjoy great scenery and wildlife.

When I lived in Globe I spent a few months driving down to Mesa for work each day, Always had trouble staying awake and alert driving back. Not a forgiving road if you are drowsy.

I spent all my life on the San Carlos Rez.... but went to school in Globe/Miami... and I have to admit.... the people are a bunch of great folks to be around.... once you befriend someone there, you will fit right in with your family.....I know there are a lot of coueswhitetail members in town and hunting and fishing is second language to many there... the food is always awesome, and the opportunity to get out in the outdoors is easy. I hope Globe suites you well, cause it has for me over the years. God Bless

• Like 1

HunterJohnny thanks for the honesty. I figure the drive from thatcher would get old real quick. The drive is a little more forgiving than the pass to the Valley but if you're tired anything can happen.

Hoss thanks for the reply. It sure seems like with all the CWT members here we'll fit in just fine.

Hey Amanda thank you for the reply. I would love to get that number of the house for sale. If you know of any properties with privacy or with a little land please let me know. We look forward to seeing what Globe has to offer. Please PM the info I will be driving through Globe from Mesa and maybe will be able to drive by and take a look. thanks!!!

It would be tough to beat the MX food this guy has in Safford. I ate at Casa Manana on Saturday and it was the best I have had in awhile.

What??? Never heard that before. U need to eat at the little hole in the wall El Mesquite in Pima. Much better.

There are several properties for sale with land and privacy....google Globe AZ real estate, there are properties north toward salt river that have land. There are some south toward winkleman too. The one I was talking about is in a fairly busy neighborhood close to downtown, and not really private or secluded.