gaps

300 RUM, 1000 yards, 3 shots, 1.75"

Amazing! Great shooting, looks like a pretty slick rifle.

• Like 1

Wish I wouldn't have watched that. Now I want to go sell my boat and a kidney to get myself a setup like that.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! There was barely any wind that day. At 1,400 yards I was holding just under 1moa for a left to right wind. At 1,000 I was hitting in the top right corner because of two things: one was that the bullet was shooting faster (3,048fps) than I had estimated (3,000fps). And the other is that i needed to adjust my windage zero. I did this after that group at 1,000 and then took it to 1,400 yards for a perfect first shot.

This rifle was a budget build. It is built off of a Remington 300RUM sps that I bought as a donor rifle. I kept the action and sold everything else. I bought the H-S Precision Sendero stock and bottom metal on eBay, it was brand new. The Krieger barrel was purchased at Bruno Shooters Supply and while I was over in that area I stopped by Timney Triggers and picked up a Timney 512 trigger from their warehouse. I bought the Nightforce 40moa picatinny rail from amazon. Then I took everything over to Phoenix Custom Rifles and they put their magic touch on it. I bought the badger thruster brake, PTG recoil lug, and firing pin assembly from them. They chambered and installed the barrel, trued the action, threaded and timed the brake, opened up the scope bases to 8-40, installed firing pin and spring, and bedded the lug and action.

They did a great job with the build with a very quick turnaround time. And this rifle shoots WAY better than I expected!

• Like 3

Wow gaps!!! That is impressive! Good job

• Like 1