Sign in to follow this  
JMP

What is your favorite bow brand? - archery market research

What are your favorite two bow brands? - just market research  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favorite two

Great thread and pole. I wonder what this thread would look like on ArcheryTalk, a more national scale?... I'm sure the big four would still top the list but in what order.

Hoyt and Mathews may be "blown" away by most in the speed world, but they own the accuracy and comfort world. No one wins squat in the target world besides Hoyt, Mathews and a few PSE shooters.

Can't miss fast enough to make up for forgiveness.

The target world doesnt really mean much to hunters. Hunters out west need a bow that is fast, comfortable, and accurate to which Bowtech owns that market. The target world and hunting world should not even be mentioned in the same conversation as the bows are completely different.

Yep speed kills, the most successful bowhunter ever Chuck Adams and first man to achieve the super slam did it with a real blistering setup. Aluminum arrows rocketing at 200-250 fps off of a 8" + brace height and a 40" axle to axle race car bow.

Forgiveness is king.

90% of the quality innovation in any lineup comes from the target world. Direct testing and feedback from the best archers in the world. Most of them got into the target venue to become better archers for hunting: ala Randy Ulmer.

A forgiving, accurate setup does not care what the target is, hide or spots or foam.

Target archery and Hunting archery are indeed one in the same, putting arrows where we need them to be. The responsibility to deliver an accurate arrow is even more important in hunting.

If more folk shot target archery, we might see an improvement in the culture, a culture of accuracy over compensation. Using the justification of "I don't kill foam" and target differing from hunting and applying same logic would be equal to saying you only practice on animals.

Think its just a coincidence that Levi Morgan, Randy Ulmer, Tim Gillingham (Great taget archers) are shooting forgiving, moderate setups with longer axle to axles, longer brace heights on thier hunting rigs?

• Like 2

I shoot a Mathews to kill the animal, not to Hoyt em'. J/k All joking aside, most bow companies make great bows now a days.

I do agree with El pepe, that more people ought to shot target, and not just hunt. 3-D shoots are a great time, and really do help when it comes time to go hunting.

I gotta disagree that hunting and target accuracy are the same. Any practice helps of course, but I rarely find myself on a perfectly flat surface at an exact range with low pressure, time, and a 40 inch bow with a 3 foot stabilizer hangin off it in the hunting world.I'm usually on one knee leaning around a tree shooting uphill with my heart pounding....i m just saying I know excellent archers on the range who really struggle in translating it to more difficult and unpredictable hunting shots.

Accuracy is accuracy at the range or hunting. Its all the same. Good archers are able to go into auto pilot on the range or shooting a 190" buck. Its repetition. Muscle memory. Picking a small spot and following thru with your shot. So yes shooting 3d helps. There is nothing else like buck fever but competition will throw pressure on your shoulders. I always like to take realistic shots while practicing from my knees thru a hole. Whatever helps but to me hunting and target accuracy is absolutely the same. 12 ring is a kill shot

• Like 1

All I'm saying is that hunting has a whole list of variables that the target world can't reproduce.I agree that target and 3d are fun and great practice. But take someone thathas only shot target and have them sit, kneel , lean around an object ,put a buck in front of them,and watch their form and accuracy disappear.its just different and there are variables to consider that don't necessarily translate to the other disciplines.just my opinion

You can't go wrong with any of the bows today they are all good!! I shot Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, Diamond & Pse. The hoyt Faktor felt the best to me so I bought it doesn't mean the others are less impressive its just what felt best for me!

I didn't see Martin bows as a choice. I have shot a martin bow for the last 20 + years and that is a bow I choose to stand behind and stick with. This is just my favorite choice of bow.

Since I'm a broke college student, I shoot the pse drive lt. Amazing bow. But if I did have the money I would be shooting the hoyt spyder.