Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Matched set of browns

We found these in Conklin Creek on our turkey hunt in unit 27. They were about 20 yards apart. Sorry, my bad - did not get ATL pics.

post-736-0-78798400-1398954475_thumb.jpg

Thats what I miss about turkey hunting in AZ. ,finding Elk sheds. Here in North Dakota, You pick up ticks..........BOB!

Great find!! Tag any turkeys?

Great find!! Tag any turkeys?

Ha ha, the turkeys won this time. It was a tough hunt, they weren't responsive to calls - actually shied away from calling, so it became a spot and stalk hunt. I almost succeeded twice using that method.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Tommy. Nice set for sure. :)

TJ

I was up in 27 last weekend with a turkey tag in my pocket and all I found was deer sheds! :)

Has the wind still been knocking trees over?

Great find, thanks or sharing..

Jeff

• Like 1

I am really surprised to see how many good green trees we have lost this year due to significant wind storms (while the ground was wet). Some trees are pulled out roots and all and some green trees are being broken off and twisted. All I can guess is now with 50% less forest and resistance the wind velocities have picked up. It's really sad to see the continual deterioration of our valued forests.......possibly another negative consequence of the Wallow Fire that no one seems to have documented for future learnings about forest management. We seem to be losing green trees faster than the burned dead ones we know will ultimately fall over as a wasted resource. Another major fire is emminent........just a matter of how soon it will happen!