Sign in to follow this  
BowHuntAZ

Any Fishing recommendations in Maui for honeymoon

We're going to be in Maui at the end of October this year and are planning on booking a 1 day deep sea fishing charter. Private boat, with no other people, just us so we have the best chances of actually catching something. I know October is considered the off season but there's always a chance to catch something.

If any of you guys have been fishing out of Maui before and have charter recommendations I'd appreciate some info. Good or bad reviews, I'd like to hear before making a decision.

I've been looking into "Maui Sportfishing Charters" and have a couple of boats in mind but maybe someone on here can help narrow it down.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm sure you've already priced it but fishing is very expensive in maui. I didn't fish but the week that I spent there I didn't see anyone bring in anything either. that was in January however. If youve never been there i would plan on five to six hundred dollars for day for food and entertainment. The whales should be just starting to show up so that will be fun.

Hit up The Four Seasons for lunch, Mamas Fish House for dinner, check out Mt. Haleakala, village of Hana and North Shore for surfing. I can't wait to graduate and go back to Maui. You'll have a blast!

• Like 1

My recommendation is have lots of hanky panky...nothing to do with Maui but still a good recommendation.

• Like 5

I'm flying to Maui next Wednesday for a week at the Westin! :D Been looking at options for various activities, but I think we're mainly going to just take it pretty easy. Going to rent some scooters and snorkeling gear for the week, take a couple of books, and spend our time exploring the island, beaches, and water...... ;)

Definitely looking forward to some TOTAL relaxation!

I'll let you know what I find......

S.

:)

Haleakala sunrise bike tour is worth it. I thought Hana was overrated.

Kaanapali beach is great for just hanging out and relaxing. Aloha Mixed Plate on Front Street is also a good stop. Hope you have a great time!

*Edited title to bring topic back to Fishing*

Thanks for all of the great input everyone. Keep 'em coming. We're in Kauai for a week and then Maui for a week, so we'll have plenty of time to relax, explore and per Pine Donkey's request... lots of hanky panky.

I've been to Maui a couple of times and fished there once but it was a company trip so I don't have info on the charter we used, not that fishing was that good then anyways. We're already bracing for the huge hit the wallet will take but it's gonna be worth it.

Someone on here has to have been fishing in Maui...

I have been and it turned out to be the most expensive whale watching tour ever. You have potential to catch a monster in Hawaii but not a lot of action like Mexico. The boats that just do the bay in shore fishing catch mahi mahi pretty regularly and some had big hauls.

So I wouldn't spend the money on deep sea adventure, I would find one of the half day boats that aren't chasing billfish and have some fun!

Good Luck!

You should enjoy the catch you have in Hawaii. Fishing better waters can come later. Snorkel, scooter, hike, beach walk, wine / cheese and bread at sunsets for you my friend. Your welcome.

I have been and it turned out to be the most expensive whale watching tour ever. You have potential to catch a monster in Hawaii but not a lot of action like Mexico. The boats that just do the bay in shore fishing catch mahi mahi pretty regularly and some had big hauls.

So I wouldn't spend the money on deep sea adventure, I would find one of the half day boats that aren't chasing billfish and have some fun!

Good Luck!

What time of year did you go? Of course we'd like to catch giant marlin but we know that's a very limited opportunity and most likely won't happen. I just taught her to fish last year and now she's got the bug to go out all the time. It would probably be the most fun for both of us if we are in more action all day rather than catch nothing while hoping for the big one.

I went during summer, my sisters wedding. I believe it was June.

Kuaui bass fishing sounds awesome. Last fall we were there and went on an amazing zip line tour and the guide told me there is some really great bass fishing in some of the creeks and small lakes and of course the scenery is amazing.

I've been marlin fishing (mexico), which ended up being a day of dolphin watching, and I've been fishing a few times off group boats fishing for whatever bites. It was a lot of fun seeing the variety of ocean fish everyone caught. The group trips were my favorite. I'm kinda like a kid though and would rather catch anything than nothing.

I fished from shore about 10 years ago in both maui and kauai and did good in Kauai. I caught a bunch of hammerhead sharks in Kauai off of a dike that went out a little bit. Was a Blast