Sign in to follow this  
klb458

Lightweight gear

I am looking for some new camo for my hunt in september. Who makes a good lightweight camo that doesn't cost a insane amount and doesn't look like pajamas.

Not always cheap, but I've found Under Armour products to be very well made. From a layering perspective, the Heat Gear makes a great base layer and compared to Sitka and Kuiu is pretty affordable - especially if you check the sales on their website. I lucked into some poly/cotton blend long sleeve t-shirts a while back and have found layering thin poly, to cotton poly works great when you have to go from cold morning to warm mid-day hunting with little bulk.

I have asat leafy suit it's mesh very breathable I can wear shorts under it. I don't believe in scent lok play the wind

• Like 1

I picked up cheap thin camo pants from bass pro shops years ago for about $15 pair. I see the same ones there every year though. They are thin, but still work down south in the cactus okay. I also wear a leafy suit top. It's made out of screen so you can't get much cooler than that. Same goes for me.....I use the wind primarily for scent control. Typically it's cold in August in the morning up north so I'll start off with thin base layers, but as the day goes on they end up in the pack. They help with warmth in the early hours and weigh nothing to pack when it warms up.

My fleece jacket weighs less than my other jackets so that is the one I typically start off with in the morning and end up packing it.

I

I picked up cheap thin camo pants from bass pro shops years ago for about $15 pair. I see the same ones there every year though. They are thin, but still work down south in the cactus okay. I also wear a leafy suit top. It's made out of screen so you can't get much cooler than that. Same goes for me.....I use the wind primarily for scent control. Typically it's cold in August in the morning up north so I'll start off with thin base layers, but as the day goes on they end up in the pack. They help with warmth in the early hours and weigh nothing to pack when it warms up.

My fleece jacket weighs less than my other jackets so that is the one I typically start off with in the morning and end up packing it.

I

I agree with the fleece it is nice on chilly windy mornings. Wind doesn't seem to penetrate it. I got pants and Jacket as a pair at bass pro for 40 bucks.