Sign in to follow this  
116inchazcoues

5A Archery Bull hunt

Long time reader but not many posts. I have been lurking for years and years-my woman thinks I am nuts. I would like to say this is the best hunting site on the web. Lots of great people on this site.

To the point-I have a 5A archery bull tag this year and my old man just told me he is not going to be able to come up with me now. Most likely I will be hunting alone and have taken the whole 2 weeks off for the hunt. Not asking for any spots because I have my own, but am looking if anyone on here has that may be in the same situation as me. If anyone on the site would like some hunting company because he/she is also hunting solo let me know and maybe we can exchange numbers. I have done a few solo hunting trips in the past and it gets kind of boring talking to my bow and not too mention kind of unsafe if anything bad was too happen. I want to say good luck to all tag holders and shoot straight. Take care.

• Like 1

I will be posting the buck as soon as my woman sends me the pic. killed him in 36B near Pena Blanca lake years back. 5X5(w eyegaurds) perfectly symmetrical. first and only coues I have killed. have hunted them one other time and saw some bucks but nothing I wanted to pull the trigger on. was thinking about 6A late rifle this year because I have some great spots but went with 12A W late instead. coues scored 116 3/8ths and will be posted very soon. have a good one

BTW-it is not that I don't have friends to go on my hunt its that they drew tags in other units. take care.

• Like 1

Good luck my buddies have my help during the archery hunt. Last year I met up with a member on here for his girlfriend's tag and we had a blast. Always good to meet new people and share experiences.

I will make myself available for the weekends of your hunt if you would like a caller. I am building a portfolio so all I request in return is rights to photos and hopefully a decent referral when you arrow your Bull. Let me know.

• Like 3

If didn't have 2 elk hunts of my own, I would tag along. Good luck. Let me know if you draw 12AW, I can probably help you out some.

5A is the unit I hunt the most and I don't know anyone with the early archery tag. I won't be able to do the full 2 weeks but I will be up there on and off during the hunt because it is of course the best time or year.

Not sure how well you know the unit but when it gets closer to the hunt and you know where you will be camping/hunting shoot me a PM and I could stop by to say hello or go hunting with you if you are up for that.

If you are having a hard time finding elk before/during the hunt, let me know and maybe I can point you to a couple areas.

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses guys and will keep in touch once the hunt gets a bit closer. I will let you know how my scouting efforts pan out as well. I have attached the coues I killed in 36B years ago. Shot with a rifle at 70 yards at last light. Gutted him out and took a leak all around him and headed the 2.5 miles back to camp through the nastiest country I have hunted in the dark. Hiked back next am and luckily he was just as I left him.

Like I said I appreciate the responses and will keep in touch.

post-3525-0-10821900-1402266430_thumb.jpg

That is one heck of a buck! Good luck on your elk hunt!